Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife had a pretty bad wipeout a couple years ago and she hasn't been able to shake it. She's hoping that a skills clinic will help her conquer her fears and get back on her bike.

Recommendations for a ladies skill clinic in Colorado? Close to Boulder/Denver area would be best, but not mandatory.

Thanks!

·
2,881 Posts
Not exactly in your neighborhood, but the WMBA's put on great women specific skills clinics as well as no drop group rides in CS, for the low, low price of free. They are highly recommended.

Rides Schedule

·
Glue Sniffer
553 Posts
Introduce her to BMA's (Boulder Mountainbike Alliance) women's ride and skills clinics. Rides are weekly with novice friendly no-drop rides every other week. There will be also women's clinics scattered throughout the summer.

Social Rides | Boulder Mountainbike Alliance

·
Registered
191 Posts
I second the recommendation for Dirt Divas - they're a great women's only mountain bike group. They'll do skills clinics starting in May in the Denver area, but she might also consider the group rides on Wednesday nights in the summer - great group of really supportive women to ride with. Women Mountain Biking Colorado | Mountain Biking Colorado

I've also done a couple of skills clinics with Jana Sweeney through Lakewood Parks and Rec - very affordable, and I learned a ton from her when I was just starting that made me much more comfortable on my bike. Outdoor Adventures

1 - 8 of 8 Posts