Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I'm sorry but your link goes to a place with no dates...

the Warrior's site( Rocky mt Ultra endurance) isn't updated yet. the websites for the events are current.
Dawn till dusk April 10.
B the Bear is may 8.
The Growler may 30.
The Brek 100/60 July 17
The L-enduro july 31.

·
3,049 Posts
sbsbiker said:
I'm sorry but your link goes to a place with no dates...

the Warrior's site( Rocky mt Ultra endurance) isn't updated yet. the websites for the events are current.
Dawn till dusk April 10.
B the Bear is may 8.
The Growler may 30.
The Brek 100/60 July 17
The L-enduro july 31.
:rolleyes:

The BFSL has my particular attention.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Dates are listed. You have to click on each individual ride. Also note, these are not so much races...but rather adventure rides. No entry fee....no support...no course markings...no prizes.

Durango Dirty Century: Saturday, July 3, 2010 - 6AM

Big Friggin Sneffels Loop: 6:30AM - Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rico Run: 6:30-AM - Saturday, August 14, 2010

Nederland HalfAss 100: 6:00AM - Saturday, August 28, 2010

CB100: Saturday, September 25, 2010

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I thought this was about races, sorry. These routes look interesting, but seem more like a Grand Fondo on dirt. The BFSL and DDC look the best while the halfass's slog up berthoud pass on a mtb would not be so much fun.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sbsbiker said:
I thought this was about races, sorry. These routes look interesting, but seem more like a Grand Fondo on dirt. The BFSL and DDC look the best while the halfass's slog up berthoud pass on a mtb would not be so much fun.
I think the Rico one will be the most epic, but it does involve a lot of route finding. Hope to see you at one or two of these.

Also thanks for the updates on the RM Ultra. I assume VT125 will be 9/11 and am hoping 12hrs of Snowmass will go for 9/18. Is the Steamboat 12/24 pretty much dead now or will it come back this year?

·
Yeah, I'll Ride That
103 Posts
sbsbiker said:
From what Chuck told me about the HA 100 it sounds like a tough day out - and I think he did it something like a week or so after almost 400 miles on CTR this year. I was still holding my couch to the ground at that point.

I need to get something similar together up here - time to hit the maps again.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Is the Steamboat 12/24 pretty much dead now or will it come back this year?

I've heard nothing about it comming back. We have a LAF fundraiser ride scheduled for this summer in S'boat, and the Kent's, Tour de Steamboat, and a "grand fondo" that does the TdeS'boat backwards, and the neo-classic Steamboat Stage Race Labor day weekend, but no real mtb races besides the Town challenge. Progress is being made toward building DH specific trails on the ski area so maybe someday we'll be able to get the MSC back in town.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sbsbiker said:
Is the Steamboat 12/24 pretty much dead now or will it come back this year?

I've heard nothing about it comming back. We have a LAF fundraiser ride scheduled for this summer in S'boat, and the Kent's, Tour de Steamboat, and a "grand fondo" that does the TdeS'boat backwards, and the neo-classic Steamboat Stage Race Labor day weekend, but no real mtb races besides the Town challenge. Progress is being made toward building DH specific trails on the ski area so maybe someday we'll be able to get the MSC back in town.
I'm thinking the series needs a Steamboat event. Will someone wake up Marko?

:)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sherpaxc said:
I am putting this on my official radar. I'm pretty sure I could probably make this happen. How would this compare to the Taos DBT in terms of effort level? The DBT hurt my soul.
Same level of effort for sure as DBT. But at higher elevations. ;)

Hope to see you there. Sounds like Cody is in. :thumbsup:

·
Student of the Bike
810 Posts
Timo said:
Same level of effort for sure as DBT. But at higher elevations. ;)

Hope to see you there. Sounds like Cody is in. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I'm not officially *in* but I'm pretty giddy about the concept. As long as things go well at the shop this season I should already be in CO during that week. It sure seems like a nice coincidence. :D

Matt- certainly someone can come up with a total elevation gained estimate? And what about a target finishing time?

I pulled out my Lat 40 map today and looked over the route. Dahum! This thing looks big. Based off some of the riding I've done in that area I was guessing a 14-18hr time frame (maybe more). We've done Kennebec multiple times and that climb up from the wood bridge on the CTR is pretty stout especially at night. We've done Bolam to Black Hawk to Coral a few times too and thats nothing to take lightly. I've not even mentioned getting to the Hermosa TH behind the ski resort! I have a feeling we'll be bringing quite a few ppl with us when we come this summer.

Good work Matt.
CJB

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DDC actually should move relatively fast. I did the route last year going up Hotel Draw instead of doing the Blackhawk loop and from my house - with a bit of in town trail thrown in - that came out to be 90 miles, 10.5k climbing, 10-hours at not necessarily a race pace. Blackhawk itself is usually a 3-4 hour loop from top of Hermosa. Should end up in the 115-mile, 15k range.

I suppose the start time could be moved up earlier if it helps.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.