Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, bike models tend to look just plain silly, but the latest Colorado Cyclist catalog has to take the cake. Two of my favorites...

1) I'm a white-guy corporate lawyer who drives a Lexus and rides my [fill in the blank high-end preferably ti mountain bike] on warm sunny days about twice a month. I like Bob Marley soooo much, that I bought the bike jersey! Will you ride with me? Maybe afterwards we can go share a non-fat sour cream burrito and drink a low-carb Michelob? I'll supply the tunes. We can put Natty Dread on shuffle!

2) Man, I don't know what to think of this one. Couple of options...
- Why the hell did I wear this sleeveless jersey and then proceed to get lost and have to go bushwacking with my bike? I'm gonna break out in freaking hives here!
- Innovative way to use your bike for balance while taking a dump in a bush. One suggestion though - first pull down your shorts.
- Those [email protected]! I'm gonna jump outta the bushes and scare the shite out of them! Damn No Tubes!

You could have fun most of the other CC catalog pics by just playing with the biking-while-constipated theme. Too funny. Who comes up with these?! S

Attachments

·
Pocket Pool Savant
634 Posts
Lemme ax a Q.

Does anyone remember that hot brunette that was always on the cover years ago? She'd be like standing there holding some brandx MTB. Just remembering back and I was wondering if that was Brooke Burke.

AJ

·
my girl rides also
650 Posts
I remember EXATLY who you're talking about.....hottie. Don't know if it was Brooke or not, but in retrospect, it may have been.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My wife and I saw that pic a few nights ago and thought it was the funniest thing ---

"Shhhhh....no one can see or hear me behind these bushes carrying this big bike.....I'm going to sneak up on someone now --- Surprise!!"

We laughed so hard! Why is he carrying the bike??

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
You guys are creeping me out.

mcseforsale said:
Does anyone remember that hot brunette that was always on the cover years ago? She'd be like standing there holding some brandx MTB. Just remembering back and I was wondering if that was Brooke Burke.

AJ
Here. I've had the cover of that issue pinned to my kitchen wall ever since that issue came out. :p

fp

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
anyone care to comment on the $5500!!?? wheelset. or for the budget minded racer you can get the ones for $3700
http://www.coloradocyclist.com/comm...FNBR=335&CRPCGNBR=335&CI=1,224,335&TextMode=0

LIGHTWEIGHT Obermayer Carbon Wheelset
The Lightweight ?Obermayer? is a direct descendant of the Lightweight ?L?Alpe d?Huez? that was developed upon a request from a leading pro team especially for the grueling mountain time trial in the 2004 Tour de France. Most of the innovations developed for this highly specialized wheelset have been incorporated into the new ?Obermayer? wheels, resulting in considerable advantages to you:
You get an even lighter race ready wheelset with unsurpassed stiffness. In fact, the ?Obermayers? are just as stiff as our regular wheelset with the same spoke count, taking a top spot among lightweight wheelsets.

To give an even greater advantage, extremely light Samarium-Cobalt-magnets have been laminated into the rim. At only .8 g there is nothing to disturb the wheel?s perfect roundness. In addition, integrated magnets are aerodynamically superior to ordinary wheel magnets, which are bolted to a spoke and create additional turbulences.

Weight: Wheelset: 1035g.
Skewers Not included. Lightweight Carbon brakepads required
Tubular 700C only. Free set of Continental Sprinter tires with purchase.
Price $5500.00

don't forget to order your special brake pads at $90 a pop.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
dwj said:
Weight: Wheelset: 1035g.

Price $5500.00
Um, you get what you pay for? There are individula mountain bike tires that weigh more than that wheelset! We all spend silly amounts of money on bikes, gear, travel and so on - if you're a cat1/2/pro road racer and need to climb like a bandit - them wheels will be stoopid fast climbing..... I suppose it's all a matter of "scale" or something. Or someone with an absurd glut of excess cash (I'll happily help alleviate that problem for anyone).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.