Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to train for a 50 miler in Breckenridge for July 4th with the objective of not getting cut off of the maximum allowable time at mile 35. I'm hauling 70+ lbs more than most of the xc jackrabbits that are out there lapping me, but they aint taking photos.

First four shots are Buff Creek, second five are Breck.

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
Breck....one of my all-time favorite places on Earth. It feels like a second home to me that I get to visit once every 2-3 years. Love it! Oh yea, I live in Indiana.

Good luck Moosehead, hope you beat the time. Is the course something that can be ridden when the race isn't going on?

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nickhart, yea it's really thin up there, most of the riding is between 10k' and 11k+' elevation. makes some stuff easily cleaned at 7k' now walkable, at least for yours truly at 225 lbs. plus it's hard to see the spectacular views when i'm sucking on the front tire. it also zaps you for the downs, some of which is high speed square-edged babyheads and flumes of scree. course profile below for one of two laps.
https://www.mavsports.com/oldsite/F50elevProfile.JPG

otter, the coolest part aside from breck in general, is anyone is welcome to saddle it up next to the pros, plus the course is a local loop that is ridden daily by anyone who wants to give it a go. hacks like me get lapped by tinker juarez, sari anderson, wiens, team ergon, and other pros vying for the national marathon championships. pretty cool, not too many other sports where that's possible?
https://www.mavsports.com/?id=8

·
Registered
499 Posts
Read everything in the link....twice. Wow, I'm going to seriously consider this for next year. Let me know how things work out, I'm a clyde as well and would be really interested in hearing how you handle the course.

Seems like one of the few events that would rate up there with the Iceman (which I love) as far as feel/fun. Again, good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts