Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Color Help and Prophet 4X vs. 1000

I'm about to order a Prophet 1000. They come in the team replica and the Mocha Brown (gloss) (BRN)

I've see plenty of examples of the team replica, it's in their catalog and online, but the GLOSSY brown is not something I've seen in a picture yet. Can someone either post one or point me in the right direction to find a picture of one.

I'm not going to order the bike from a 1 inch picture of a section of tube painted that color. Why do they make it so hard?

Also, you might be able to sway me from the '06 prophet 1000 to a '05 prophet 4x (4 cross) with an xt crank. Roughly the same price. Any advice? I will not thrash either one, but the 4x seems to have much higher end parts.

Thanks!

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
What are you going to use the bike for? The 4X has heavier, not UST rims, different brakes, a thru12 rear hub and a few other thing that could make the decision a bit easier...

As for the color, the brown is very dark, nice but I personnaly prefer the Team replica. My friend has it and it's very nice with the matching silver Lefty Max.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I definitely don't NEED a 4X. If I ever do any freeriding stuff, it will be minimal and infrequent. I can't imagine the regular Prophet line not being able to handle it. But, it comes with the carbon Ti Lefty, a carbon bar and the XT crank. I thought that might bring down the weight enough to make it comparable. Maybe not with the wheels though, and they probably aren't as upgradeable huh? It's just a sweet deal and I hate passing them up. It looks better than the '06 1000 in my opinion and has a higher parts spec.

What are the differences in the brakes from the 1000? Other differences that should sway me? I'm very new to mountain riding, so subtleties might be lost on me...

·
USED2COULD
1,274 Posts
photoblake said:
Well I definitely don't NEED a 4X. If I ever do any freeriding stuff, it will be minimal and infrequent. I can't imagine the regular Prophet line not being able to handle it. But, it comes with the carbon Ti Lefty, a carbon bar and the XT crank. I thought that might bring down the weight enough to make it comparable. Maybe not with the wheels though, and they probably aren't as upgradeable huh? It's just a sweet deal and I hate passing them up. It looks better than the '06 1000 in my opinion and has a higher parts spec.

What are the differences in the brakes from the 1000? Other differences that should sway me? I'm very new to mountain riding, so subtleties might be lost on me...
Is the 05 from a licensed Cannondale dealer with full warranty?

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
photoblake said:

The 4X has a Carbon Lefty, not the Ti version but the weight difference between both Leftys is minimal. The 4X will be heavier. Here are the specs for the 05 4X Prophet...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts