Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my SS painted after the new year and am considering using The Color Factory (located in Waretown, NJ) to have the work done. I know of one poster (I believe his name was Vince- thanks for the message awhile back!) said the work he had done was decent but not the most durable for a downhill bike but well worth the money (~$130) for an XC style bike. Does anyone else have any experiences they would like to share? The other local option is the Powdercoater located on Route 36 by Hartshorne but I believe they would be more money and I do not know how much experience they have with bicycle frames... if any.

Thanks All and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Color Factory

I recently took a frame to the Color Factory for painting. Bruce Risley did a fine job, and got it back to me super quick. I masked the frame myself, since I only wanted a few white panels, diamonds and chevrons on the frame and fenders of my touring bike. The CF uses Dupont Imron paint, which went on really nicely (over the existing black powder coat).

I would definitely recommend using the Color Factory for your bike painting project.

Peace,
MBB

·
Banned
316 Posts
Are you not happy with the color of your bike? If so I suggest getting a factory decal or photos of them b4 a new paint job. When the job is done you can restore the original look of the bike with decals or a local sign maker can duplicate the decals.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
445 Posts
the color factory

I work at a shop in medford nj (bike Tek) we have sent a few frames there and well I can't say any thing good about them. The one frame we sent to them was a 1987 Colango with clumbus SLX tubing that was brand new never been build and was sent to them to be reclear coated so one of our good customers would be able to ride the bike and not worry to much about chips and things like that. Well when he went to go clear the frame he did not clean the frame all the way and the clear coat bubbled. So he had repainted the frame which is what the right thing to do is and when we got it back the color was off and we had counted 22 flaws in the paint job. The other bike we sent to them he had painted the frame the wrong color and still has done nothing to help or honor is work on frames.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.