Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all:

Has anyone located a source for any (non-ENO) color anodized chainrings (32T specifically)? I can't seem to find anything, at least not in the lower T-count. I'd even settle for a coated chainring at this point...

Thanks,

-pete

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jyeager said:
Why don't you anodize one yourself? Google it and you can find home kits for hard anodizing.
That's very cool, I didn't know you could buy home-brew kits -- thanks.

The problem is not the starting costs of at least $120 -- because I would color anodize everything from my chainrings to the rain gutters on my house with that stuff -- but I would suspect aluminum chainrings are already anodized and sealed, so I'd have to find a way to remove the sealant, and then dye and re-seal. Not worth the effort. But damn, if my rain gutters could match the gold bling of my Chris King headset...

-pete

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
pahearn said:
Thanks. I think I remember you being one of the RLMC29er owners, the BCD is 110 correct?

-pete
If you need a 32t it is definitely not 110mm, a 5-arm crank with a minimum 33t ring. 94mm is also 5 arm.

4 arm cranks like those on the MC29 are generally 104mm. Sorry.

·
wot no bike?
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GlowBoy said:
4 arm cranks like those on the MC29 are generally 104mm. Sorry.
Thanks GlowBoy -- I'll measure to confirm when I get home, was just curious as I was considering ordering a new chainring while I was here at work. You know, working.

-pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.