Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject has been covered alot but I need help choosing a color for a new 575. I like the old school painted color but am wondering how it has held up for some of you who have had it for a while. I have seen the anodized and painted colors in person. The texter of the anoidized seems like it would be hard to clean. Would think it might start to look worn after a while. Dont really like orange. One day I think black, then I am sure I want pewter, the next day the old school painted. At this rate the 2009 will be out before I decide on a color. Help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wait for a white version!

Actually I don't even know if there will be any other colours but I don't think you can go wrong with any of the current line up.

For Yeti purists is has to be the Team colour.

Ano for slight better durability maybe? Not had any problems with my painted one yet but then I try not to crash if I can help it anyway.

Orange if you want something different. Looks great in the metal.

g

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Psst. They all ride the same. Paint chips, ano doesn't. Crash lots?

i hear yah. i always spend alot of time and effort building up a new bike but once i start riding it i dont spend alot of time thinking about scratches and paint.

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
The paint holds up extremely well on Yetis. I've got rock dents that didn't even chip. Your dealer might pick the paint color for you -- when you get ready to order go with what is available -- I've seen lots of posts here where the color was determined by the fact that the desired color wasn't in stock or shipping. Of course 575s are a little easier to find than ASRs.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I have an 06 Turquoise with lots of chips and paint flaking off... It just adds "personality" to the bike... Kinda like scars.. After the first couple, you don't really mind them that much...

·
Super Moderator
4,947 Posts
Ano doesn't chip but when when the frame takes a chip and you loose metal it's a biatch to cover :madman:

Hence the sticker idea dangeruss ;)

And whilst I'm ranting I'd just like to thank UPS for the damage....barstewards...I hadn't even ridden it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
driver bob said:
Ano doesn't chip but when when the frame takes a chip and you loose metal it's a biatch to cover :madman:

Hence the sticker idea dangeruss ;)

And whilst I'm ranting I'd just like to thank UPS for the damage....barstewards...I hadn't even ridden it.
i am hoping to buy from a lbs so i dont have to deal with ups.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dangeruss said:
How do you think the frame gets to your LBS? If it arrives damaged, you're still screwed while a replacement comes or the LBS deals with UPS.
already ahead of the game. betwen the lbs that are with in driving distance to me they have all but the orange in stock.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dangeruss said:
Cool. So drive on over today and get the Turquoise one - Summer's wastin' man!
i am hoping to get out of work a little early today and go take a look at them. i think the black is carbon, the pewter is alloy both frame sets and the turquoise may be alloy and already built up. i was hoping to buy just the frame but never know.

·
Super Moderator
4,947 Posts
I love the carbon back end on mine and haven't got a single reason not to recommend it.

If you were in my LBS waving around nearly 4 big ones but the deal clincher was the frame color that back end would be swapped out within the hour.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.