Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Build More = Ride More
1,442 Posts
We should be done with that berm and wallride soon. Like in the next couple of weeks. It's mainly been me along with Mike and Kevin. So give them props for helping out. This is why I haven't been working out at Duthie in a while. This is one hell of a cool way to build a wallride too. Much easier to get the curve you want by tweaking. Should end up being the smoothest one at Colonnade.

Took me 2 hours to get the first 5 feet of turf stones into that landing. Just love walking back and forth through mud and dust. Eventually you start standing a couple inches higher up due to big stacks of pancaked mud forming on your shoes. Same goes with tires. :mad:

Dave, I'm much more flattering from the rear when bent over... :thumbsup: :p

·
Build More = Ride More
1,442 Posts
Jimba said:
I think the first test run should be with that shopping cart!
Even scarier! I did it on Mike's older-than-dirt Heckler. :eekster: :eekster: x 1,000,000

Rides like a freakin dream though! Can't wait to get the turf stone section rebuilt...

Not open to the public yet, so hold off until we announce online that it is open, or if it is totally cleared out from the stepup downward.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
YoPawn said:
Took me 2 hours to get the first 5 feet of turf stones into that landing. Just love walking back and forth through mud and dust. Eventually you start standing a couple inches higher up due to big stacks of pancaked mud forming on your shoes. Same goes with tires. :mad:
Was "cleaning" the boot camp line, reinforcing some berm crowns by pushing back duff, and adding crushed and mineral. Other assorted drainage stuff, real minimal but worthwhile. Anyways all the shovels were gone (i need to buy my own) so i used a shovel head that had no handle. But when i needed to harvest that gold to top out whatever i was doing it was so much easier, even with a broke ass shovel, than wafting through the Nade dust haha. Whenever i do trail work anywhere else from under the freeway i feel spoiled haha.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.