Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've never been big on collecting things. The fewer possessions, the easier it is to move. But, I kind of like it here and I think I'll stay awhile. A few years ago I was in Prague and I picked up a couple postcards that contained images of women on bikes (at the gift shop in the National Museum, I think). I decided I'd use them to start a collection. I thought I'd share my collection with you and see if anyone else in the WL collects bike memorabilia of some sort??

Alfons Mucha made this one... Paris 1902.

On the back of this postcard it says, "Advertising poster of the 19th century from Naprstek Museum collections"

Ok, so I only have 2 cards in my collection. Guess I'm not the best at shopping. Nor collecting. But it's a start, eh?

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
JustDoIt said:
I've never been big on collecting things. The fewer possessions, the easier it is to move. But, I kind of like it here and I think I'll stay awhile. A few years ago I was in Prague and I picked up a couple postcards that contained images of women on bikes (at the gift shop in the National Museum, I think). I decided I'd use them to start a collection. I thought I'd share my collection with you and see if anyone else in the WL collects bike memorabilia of some sort??

Alfons Mucha made this one... Paris 1902.

On the back of this postcard it says, "Advertising poster of the 19th century from Naprstek Museum collections"

Ok, so I only have 2 cards in my collection. Guess I'm not the best at shopping. Nor collecting. But it's a start, eh?

funny, I collect postcards too, but my ciriteria are a little different. They must be mailed to me from a foriegn country, preferably stamped and not metered, is all. I have quite a stack now, from friends, clients and internet acquiatances.

formica

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
bike stuff

I've got a bike chain bracelet and a titanium spoke bracelet, which is my entire bike jewelry collection so far. Might have a bike chain necklace someplace, too, but never wore it.

My t-shirt collection is being rapidly taken over by bike-related t-shirts: Dirt Rag, Slickrock Cycles, Fat Tire Beer, FFTF, Five Borough Bike Tour (x2), Bike New York, 90 Degres (from a shop in Quebec).

Also a small recycled can bike that I got while on vacation, and a DH (or BMX?) toy that I found in CVS. Wish they made small models of our favorite brands! Not the kind you have to put together yourself, but small, working models.

·
Glue Sniffer
553 Posts
I've got, like, a bazillion Hot Wheels. It's kind of an immediate gratification thing.

Oh, and I stockpile fast food restaurant "specialty" condiments. I've got the full spread, horsey sauces, Wendy's BBQ, soy sauce in pouches so small that you need 15 of them, relish.

Yup, I'm like the specialty condiment Hot Wheel queen of South Florida.

·
Glue Sniffer
553 Posts
After re-reading the title of this thread, I realized that my previous post is kind of retarded in the context of this thread...

Sorry, I'm a little sluggish before my morning crack.

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
It's not officially a collection, but used, abused, odd and broken bike parts are accumulating in my garage. I have a 70's plastic track headset (yes, the races are really pitted), a NIB 50's or 60's front hub with the axle off-center - supposed to give you a little shock absorption, an old cheapie Simplex rear der, Suntour CompeV front der, a couple Alfredo Binda leather toe straps, Campy quill pedal dustcap wrench (but no pedals), a pair of well-worn Campy der. pulleys, and much, much more.

The toe straps are handy as tie-downs, but a whole lot of this stuff has no use/value whatsoever. It's too weird to toss out, though.

Kathy :^)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts