Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ISO Gems...
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of us were fortunate enough to not have to work today so dft, Danno and I decided to hit up Coldwater Trail in the Santa Ana Mts. I've been hearing about this trail from dft for some time now, steep, loose descents, nice switchbacks that were begging to be retried once, twice or in some cases even more. The temps were perfect as we ground up Indian Truck Trail and the sun was not making much of a showing either. The climb up to the peak is super scenic and seemed to go by fairly quick since I had someone to talk to and it offered up some great views of Santiago Peak, Los Pinos and Bell Ridge.

On with the pictures...

Attachments

·
ISO Gems...
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And a bit more...

Overall the ride was killer and the descents were pure goodness. Big thanks needs to go out to the Warriors Society because they did a fine job salvaging this fine gem of a trail. The switchbacks still need a bit of love because they were pretty blown out in spots but overall this trail along with Bell Ridge rips.

Great ride today guys, and finally nice to meet you Danno, and ALWAYS pure entertainment riding with you dft.

D

Attachments

·
ISO Gems...
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CRASH said:
great pic's and write up how long of a ride is it?
We spent about almost 6hrs. out there and I don't have any mileage stats. We spent a great deal of that time retrying some of the switchbacks and just taking our time.

D

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
Fun ride!

We rode everything on the trail and there's only one right switchback about 1/2 way down that's gonna be pretty tough to ever clean without some work. Other than that I think it's all makeable with a lot of careful speed control.

Overall the trail is in killer condition. It's a great, really long, pure singletrack decent. Compared to something like Holy Jim, it's waaay longer, more technical, and free of the crowds of hikers you find on the Trabuco Canyon trails.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Forgive me for asking this, but can this ride be shuttled? If so oculd someone please PM me with some details.

Yeah-yeah, I know earn your ride. I'm working on an XC/All Mountain rig but in the meantime all I gots is my DH rig, not very pedal friendly but I'm not afraid to hike-a-bike for a few miles (12-15 is ok).

Thanks gents.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
.Danno. said:
Fun ride!
Overall the trail is in killer condition. It's a great, really long, pure singletrack decent. Compared to something like Holy Jim, it's waaay longer, more technical, and free of the crowds of hikers you find on the Trabuco Canyon trails.
overall, might be best ride in SA. i love this type of trail way better than trails like san juan or noble. feeling of remote, true backcountry, almost not knowing where the trail leads you. oh yea, it has some steep sections too!! did i mention 3600 in 5 miles:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts