Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lets hear some of your tips and tricks for mountain biking in the wet rainy cold weather.

produce bags work awesome for keeping your feet warm. Very small and easy to stow in a pack. when rain or snow or lots of puddles are coming your way, put the produce bags over your socks and put shoes back in. take up the slack with the fasteners of your shoes.

multiple gloves. changed gloves after the hour long slog up the road in the rain, to get snow at the top of the trails. nice dry gloves for the downhill was nice.

I know a lot of you have some tips and tricks lets hear them.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
I wear Lake winter boots. They are great this time of year. I also wear pants so the cuff overlaps the top of the boot so my feet stay dry.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Layer up with synthetic fabrics.. and im cheap bastard so i use a lot of mil surp stuff, the ecws clothing is in my experience very good, warm, and breathable, at a tiny fraction of the price of under armour type stuff.. your mileage may vary...

·
Banned
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on old logger tought me the bob shirt. I call it the super vest. Take an old wool shirt, cut the neck off and the arms to short sleeve length. great layering piece, I got an thick wool one and a thin fleece one. the thin fleece gets used under my drytop also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts