Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its winter now where i live and as of now i keep my bike out in the garage which is seperate from my house. it gets cold out there and i dont if its bad to have my bike out in freezing temerature all winter. should i bring it in my house, or is it ok in my garage?

G

·
Amazing Larry104 said:
its winter now where i live and as of now i keep my bike out in the garage which is seperate from my house. it gets cold out there and i dont if its bad to have my bike out in freezing temerature all winter. should i bring it in my house, or is it ok in my garage?
Nothing wrong with it

·
Registered
819 Posts
i dont think anythings wrong with it unless it reaches 32 degrees. then brakelines/forks sorta freeze up and u dont want a craked brake line. last night i brought my babies to the basement

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
You bike will be happier if you ride it !!!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
sreiman said:
i dont think anythings wrong with it unless it reaches 32 degrees. then brakelines/forks sorta freeze up and u dont want a craked brake line. last night i brought my babies to the basement
I don't see why brakelines would freeze up, not like its different than automotive brake systems.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
i leave

ive left my bikes out in the shed since forver in the winter .. here it can be -40 *C and i havne't frozen or broken any break lines ... the bike feels slugish at first but one you ride her easy for about 10 minutes shes all warmed up n well lubed again . then you can just ride like you normaly do.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,774 Posts
Phalophalot said:
I've herd carbon fibre should not be exposed to freezing temperature.
Not sure what can happen, maybe become brittle & fracture.
Well, it's around -40°C sometimes at the altitude some airplanes with carbon fiber composite structures fly.

G

·
Jayem said:
Well, it's around -40°C sometimes at the altitude some airplanes with carbon fiber composite structures fly.
I play pond hockey in down to -20°C with carbon fiber composite hockey sticks and they dont break/ crack....

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'd say your hockey sticks have kevlar in them as well which may prevent brittleness/cracks.
I'm no aircraft designer & don't know what they do. I do know they use tilles on the side of their shuttles for heat insulation. I thought tilles were only good for bathrooms.
I'm also no bike manufacture and may be way off but best to sway on the side of caution when considering your favourite bike.
Mine has its own bedroom so she can be cosy & snug.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.