Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm skiing this year (my first time doing this race) but I'm curious about others who have ridden (or otherwise completed) this race. What have you used for fuel? I have many years of guiding and traveling in severe cold weather, but this type of energy expenditure is kinda new to me. Any thoughts about cold weather nutrition under "racing" conditions?

Thanks JK

·
Registered
456 Posts
Finishing and racing for a podium are two different animals. If you are going for broke and have done the training( ridden the same miles in a single effort many times plus your regular training ) to race for a podium, then emphasize carbohydrates that are easily digested. The race is no time to try ANYTHING new, esp fuel, so you are best off using what you have been using for like efforts.
If you have not been doing like efforts, just bring a lot of carbs ( 500 cal/hr ) and eat well for the week before so your fat stores and glycogen are topped off. Stay at a low sustained level of effort so that you avoid blowing up, camping etc..
Maybe not want you want to hear, but realistically, you'll have a better time staying inside the envelope rather than over reaching.
High achievement is the result of long sustained preparation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.