Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im headed up from florida thursday for a extended weekend of riding. I see that some rain is coming in on friday. So my question is which place drains the best and is least likely of closing? Hoepfully it'll just be a quick moving front coming through. I really can't reschedule this trip. I'm also planning on Fort Yargo while i'm there.
Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm assuming you mean Big Creek? If so I would definitely say big creek drains quicker. In saying that, Blankets drains pretty darn well and I don't know how much rain we are getting but if it's not much blankets might be OK on Saturday as it's supposed to be 70 and sunny.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have ridden both and my personal preference would be Coldwater. Long climbs, long descents (like 3.5-4 mi long), a good mix of semi-rugged and smooth trail tread, lots of rollers that you roll or jump. If you want to ride something with more of a backcountry feeling to it, try Bear Creek and Pinhotti trail system just outside of Ellijay, GA. It's only another 1-1.5 hrs northeast of Blankets Creek but well worth the drive.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I would'nt plan on blankets, tried to ride it last month on my way to chattsworth. Closed due to freeze thaw, it was a chamber of commerce day? Overnited in woodstock intentionally to ride blankets, really a bummer to pull up and see the gates closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts