Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Tucson, AZ
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
7/5-7/6 Camping and riding on Lemmon. Route to include Bigelow, Secret DH, Sunset, GM and Aspen (possibly Meadows). 25ish miles with 5k of climbing. Long beer and fudge break at Summerhaven before returning the same way. Tons of bailouts and two water stops along the way. Here is a profile of the proposed route that Vern and I did last week:

Then a "downhill" singletrack fest of Bigelow, Green and Bugs on Sunday unless someones wants to drop off the back side of Lemmon via Medows/Canyon del Oro to Char's Gap.

Riding on Lemmon tends to be around intermediate level. That said, any person with a moderate fitness level can join us. If you have never ridden on Mt Lemmon, you need to. Frankly, the combination of the aforementioned trails is one of the best rides in all of Arizona, possibly the best fun/mile in Arizona. Sedans can make it to camping spot, no 4x4 required. Meet at Le Buzz on Tanque Verde/Cat Highway on Saturday early morning.

·
Tucson, AZ
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bikes4max said:
Looks like I'll get the XC bike going for the Sat ride, It would be nice to descend the back side on Sunday?
You can always borrow my old, XC bike... the faithful rocky mountain vertex:D I am game on Sunday. Maybe the shuttling might be go to Sundog's house where Max and I could get ride to my house, and either my car will be there or I can borrow my roomie's and drop Max off and even pick up another vehicle if needed.

·
caninus xerophilous
1,741 Posts
azepicriderandrunner said:
You can always borrow my old, XC bike... the faithful rocky mountain vertex:D I am game on Sunday. Maybe the shuttling might be go to Sundog's house where Max and I could get ride to my house, and either my car will be there or I can borrow my roomie's and drop Max off and even pick up another vehicle if needed.
You can count on it.

·
Endurance Junkie
349 Posts
Looks like 3 of us Sprocket,Cat and myself will be camping up there again this weekend. Gonna try to meet at Le Buzz by 6:00am, if not we can hook up on top?
We're headed to Big Worms(Vern) house for the 4th, so who knows when we'll get home:cryin:

Lets say no feet in pedals till 8:00am:nono: (unless riding up from bottom)

·
caninus xerophilous
1,741 Posts
I'd be looking at the CDO ride off the Lemmon on Sunday. We can ride C-Gap to the Dog Pound and I'll see that you guys get a ride back into town.

Does this sound like it will fit with the plan? If so I need to arange for a lift.

·
Endurance Junkie
349 Posts
SunDog said:
I'd be looking at the CDO ride off the Lemmon on Sunday. We can ride C-Gap to the Dog Pound and I'll see that you guys get a ride back into town.

Does this sound like it will fit with the plan? If so I need to arange for a lift.
Lets make this happen:yesnod: , Louis I was gonna ask Cat to bring you up on Sunday, but it looks like she'll be camping up there with us.

·
Tucson, AZ
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SunDog said:
If so I need to arange for a lift.
A lift on Sunday, right? If you have the time off, you should come up with us on Saturday.

Let me see when DaveM (from Raytheon) was thinking about coming up and the possibility of him dropping off the back side with us. He mentioned wanted a suffer fest, so this might be up his alley. Start time on Sunday? (maybe cat can drop us off at the Meadows if we give her some gas/coffee money?)

·
caninus xerophilous
1,741 Posts
Thats OK. I'll have to sort out a shuttle, especially if the rest of the crew decides to join in.

Worse case, I meet you guys on my side of the Gap and guide you in to mi casa for a ride back into the OP.

I should know by Friday what the dealio is.

·
Tucson, AZ
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Krein said:
Paula and I are a solid maybe for this one.
:thumbsup: Hope ya'll join us.

Camping/Meeting at Le Buzz: First choice for camping is Bigelow, but we could also go to Max's spot near the Meadow's. Any preferences? I suggest we try to all drive together to avoid confusion. If 6:00am is to early, let's move the meeting time back to 7:00 am. This being the 4th of July, there might not be spots available on Biggie. Final choice is where we camped out two weeks ago, lower down the mountain and a bit warmer in the afternoon.

·
caninus xerophilous
1,741 Posts
Out for the ride.

But in for driving you fools into town when you roll over the Gap.:) :thumbsup:

Call from the top of the Gap and let me know when you're rolling down.

I can haul up to six bikes and peeps.

Louis

·
Tucson, AZ
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was a dandy weekend, full of fun singletrack and a few new trails. Max had a camera, so I am sure there will be pictures posted in the next few days. There will tentatively be another Lemmon weekend in 2 or 3 weeks with riding on Saturday and trail work on Sunday. Stay tuned for more info.

Here is what we did in a nutshell:

Friday: Climb or Die.
Sat: Secret, Bear, Sunset, Loma, Mint before returning back on the road and up Bear, Secret
Sun: Shuttle: Bigelow, Green, Mtn, and Prison in about 4 hours.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.