Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Coiler '04 head tube broken.. the return

15K views 153 replies 30 participants last post by  317000 
#1 ·
Hi to everybody,
just this evening I have ended to work to my bicycle.
As anticipated in the preceding thread I have thought about stopping the crack
with a ring inserted for interference.
I have taken advantage of the occasion to replace the head set with
a PSA PIG.
I have also cleaned the inside of the pipe from the paint that covered it and
the final result is the photo that I attach.
Everything added is not badly and I thinks about not incurring in so greater
risks in comparison to those that I would have raced accepting the substitution
proposed by Kona.
In fact I would have had a bicycle with unbalanced asset, I was remained
surprised by the lack of answer from the builder to my question about this problem.
Of sure in my trip the evidence of the reparation will allow me to publicize
the more possible the qualities of the product Kona and the competence and
courtesy of the service post-sale that has not wanted to recognize an evident
defect of manufacture blaming me of bad use of the bike.
This type of problems the serious manifactured also recognize them out of the period
of guarantee, remember it!
Stay tuned ! : for every exit I will report around the behavior of my
garbage bike.
If you don't feel me more will want to say that I will have left the
teeth on the ground for the joy of some of you.
To the next one.

Ciao
Fabio

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The commonly used term is cutting off your nose to spite your face.
fabius said:
Hi to everybody,
just this evening I have ended to work to my bicycle.
As anticipated in the preceding thread I have thought about stopping the crack
with a ring inserted for interference.
I have taken advantage of the occasion to replace the head set with
a PSA PIG.
I have also cleaned the inside of the pipe from the paint that covered it and
the final result is the photo that I attach.
Everything added is not badly and I thinks about not incurring in so greater
risks in comparison to those that I would have raced accepting the substitution
proposed by Kona.
In fact I would have had a bicycle with unbalanced asset, I was remained
surprised by the lack of answer from the builder to my question about this problem.
Of sure in my trip the evidence of the reparation will allow me to publicize
the more possible the qualities of the product Kona and the competence and
courtesy of the service post-sale that has not wanted to recognize an evident
defect of manufacture blaming me of bad use of the bike.
This type of problems the serious manifactured also recognize them out of the period
of guarantee, remember it!
Stay tuned ! : for every exit I will report around the behavior of my
garbage bike.
If you don't feel me more will want to say that I will have left the
teeth on the ground for the joy of some of you.
To the next one.

Ciao
Fabio

#3 ·
You are incredible.

You say it is a horrible bike yet you go to extremes to repair and ride it. Which seems to me is utterly rediculous. They offered you a great price on a new frame and you would rather come up with some gimmick to fix a frame you are not happy with. Well I believe you will be picking up your teeth off of the ground soon. You seem to have a nut loose which is going to get a beating soon. If I was you, thank goodness I'm not I would have taken the better deal on the frame then risk my face. Kona is a good company they tried helping you out after your frame was out of warranty and then offered you a great deal on a new one and you keep bashing them. If I was them I would buy the darn thing back from you and have you ride another companies bike so you can bit-- about them. You do not deserve a Kona.

#5 ·
I am happy to read your posts about your Kona. Don't listen to people like Scooby-doo. Unfortunately he has no clue what he is talking about, nor does he have a clue what you have been through.

Good luck on the frame and your modification. I hope it works out.

#6 ·
29Colossus said:
Unfortunately he has no clue what he is talking about, nor does he have a clue what you have been through.
Then tell us, what has he been through? I mean, besides cracking a frame that was OUT OF WARRANTY, and then complaining that Kona won't warranty it.

He blamed it on the paint on the inside of the head tube? That's completely asinine!

#7 ·
Are you kidding me?

If you have logged onto the Kona forum any of the laast few weeks how could you not know what is going on with Fabius. I read through all of his stuff and complaints. When a frame is out of warranty it is out of warranty. Kona made an offer it did not have to make to him. They could of just said to bad. Maybe it was not handled in a timely fashion but he has no right to complain. But thanks for saying I don't know what I'm talking about. You are a smart one.

#8 ·
29Colossus said:
I am happy to read your posts about your Kona. Don't listen to people like Scooby-doo. Unfortunately he has no clue what he is talking about, nor does he have a clue what you have been through.

What he's been through? He broke his frame and absolutely REFUSED a FANTASTIC frame replacement deal that Kona offered him. He complaind repeatedly that because his fork has 1" less travel, it would destroy the bike and end up killing him, so he puts together this ass-backwards solution to continue riding the current, DAMAGED, UNSAFE frame. We REPEATEDLY explained to him that there was NO issue with his fork compatability, yet he absolutely refuses to listen.

Jesus, I've seen Kona really try to help him out with a new frame and with the service related to his busted frame. He turned down a deal most of us would have jumped tits over teakettle to get, and continually whines that Kona isn't fulfilling their obligation to give him service on a frame that is OUT OF WARRANTEE! Key word, OUT OF WARRANTEE!

Kona made the decision. If he's unhappy, that's tough. The fact remains that Kona has gone above and beyond the call to try and satisfy him, and he refuses to let them.

#9 ·
Holy moly! Please take the replacement offer and don't ride that frame. If the fork situation bothers you so much (should be much less than riding that thing) sell the old one on EBAY and buy another fork. Problem solved and no more frankenbrokebike.

#10 · (Edited)
Fabius must have a great dental plan!!!....at least I hope.

I'm beginning to think we're all being played and this whole "broken english", "weepy, whiney, put upon, abused" customer thing is an act. That, or Fabius is as thick as a brick. I've thought of dropping down to a 5" travel Marzocchi on my Coiler Primo, just to get the head angle closer to 68 or 69 degrees. His complaint of "incompatibility" holds NO water!!! (BTW: your "repair" has raised your front end another 1/4 - 1/2 inch, causing your bike to, once again, be "out of balance"...gonna b1tch to Kona about that now, too??) If Kona had offered to "give" me a new, current year, frame for the price they offered Fabius vs. fixing a 2 (almost 3) year frame with that abomination he calls a "repair"....the check'd be cleared and I'd be smilin' ear to ear on a new coiler. Fabius seems one of those that will never be satisfied with anything short of a free frame and free matching fork. One that can't be held responsible for their own actions and feels everyone "owes" them something. A company bends over backward, doing more than they HAD to, but he still comes up with excuses of why they owe him MORE. One of those customers that cause bike shop wrenches and owners to cringe with hatred and desperation when entering the shop. Kona hasn't a worry from this type of customer. He thinks he'll make Kona look bad by riding this bike and bad rapping the company....he doesn't realize that he'll just be laughed at for what he's done to that frame...and laughed at even harder when he tells people of the deal he declined. It would be best if he never posted about this subject again...it just makes him look worse the fool every time he puts fingers to keyboard. But I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of this jester. But this is the last I will ever read a thread with his name in it. I don't suffer fools gladly.

#11 ·
Good luck, Fabius.

You're gonna need it!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :eek:

Man, I'd say folks here were more than gracious / patient to your plight initially, Fabius, but you can see that the patience has subsided and reality has started to hit in a very real way. This shows that not everyone has "drank the kool aid" which often happens in other brands. People here were generally helpful and offered up good solutions and didn't exactly side with Kona on everything.

29colossus, whether Fabius was wronged (or not) due to Kona's delay in communication, he received a very fair offer from Kona when it was all said and done, imo, and should have taken their offer. Instead, he comes up with a f'ing jerry-rig'd plan to keep his headtube together?!? Whether it works or not, I sure as hell wouldn't trust it to keep me safe on my bike.

Fabius, at this point, you're making yourself seem ridiculous. If you've seen the stuff I've hit on my Konas, you'd probably sh!t your pants. I'm not saying that to boast, rather I can tell you that their bikes (generally) can handle serious quanitities of abuse. I've bent the hell out of a Marzocchi 66 steerer tube casing a huge gap and it didn't even faze my bike. That's not to say that their bikes are indestructible, but you've got to do something big (usually) to crack one of their headtubes. The fact that you cracked your headtube, got a replacement offer and turned it down makes you seem.......well, very foolish.

Best of luck,
EBX

#12 ·
ebxtreme said:
29colossus, whether Fabius was wronged (or not) due to Kona's delay in communication, he received a very fair offer from Kona when it was all said and done, imo, and should have taken their offer. Instead, he comes up with a f'ing jerry-rig'd plan to keep his headtube together?!? Whether it works or not, I sure as hell wouldn't trust it to keep me safe on my bike.

EBX
Jeeesssuuss Chriiissstt. Shut up already. Let the guy talk about his broken bike. It is just a bike. It is not the end of the world. It doesn't make anyone look bad. He didn't want Kona's offer for a different frame. He wanted his frame. He is doing his best to get some more life out of it before he has to buy another frame. He doens't have to like Kona's warranty if he doesn't want to. He can feel the company didn't get the support he felt he deserved if he wants to.

You have no reason to rip up the guy for playing around with his busted frame. Kona had handle it. This forum can handle it. You can handle it.

If you can't, then I suggest you ignore it.

I for one enjoy reading Fabio's stories and issues with the bike... a bike.

GO FABIO! It's OK to tell your story buddy. Any story you want.

#13 ·
29Colossus said:
Jeeesssuuss Chriiissstt. Shut up already. Let the guy talk about his broken bike. It is just a bike. It is not the end of the world. It doesn't make anyone look bad. He didn't want Kona's offer for a different frame. He wanted his frame. He is doing his best to get some more life out of it before he has to buy another frame. He doens't have to like Kona's warranty if he doesn't want to. He can feel the company didn't get the support he felt he deserved if he wants to.

You have no reason to rip up the guy for playing around with his busted frame. Kona had handle it. This forum can handle it. You can handle it.

If you can't, then I suggest you ignore it.

I for one enjoy reading Fabio's stories and issues with the bike... a bike.

GO FABIO! It's OK to tell your story buddy. Any story you want.
He can talk all he wants about it. the problem is now he's STILL whining about Kona being a bad company for not giving him a new frame that he busted while out of warrantee.

It doesn't make anyone look bad? Howabout the guy who jury rigs a cracked headtube because he's too stupid to pick up the phenominal deal that Kona has offered him? Is he going to come back here and cry when he smashes his head because that cheap little "solution" failed? Most likely.

He can feel like he didn't get the support HE wanted or that HE doesn't like the warrantee. HE can not, however, blame Kona for not trying to help him out, which is exactly the tone of EVERY post of his.

Personally, I'd rather he go ride something else rather than smash his teeth in by riding a broken, jury rigged frame.

We have EVERY reason for ragging on him for RIDING A BROKEN FRAME! I don't care WHAT you do to it, there's absolutely NO excuse to be riding a broken frame, collared and "fixed" or not. It's an accident waiting to happen.

And while you enjoy reading his stories, I personally am sick of hearing that "kona didn't do enough for me" and "but this fork won't work so I'm not going to buy it" when all it takes is some common sense to realize that he's being nothing but bullheaded in dealing with the situation.

:rolleyes: Please, keep telling your stories, please keep whining about how poorly you were treated by the manufacturer, and please let us know when that frame fails completely so we can say "I told you so".

#14 ·
That is not a problem, that is an opinion. He can have any opinion he wants about any bike company that he picks for whatever reason he may choose. I guess if you have confidence issues with Kona, you might want to argue about it, but I don't.

I like a good bike mod! You don't have to. "Jury" rigging stuff is cool man. Get over it. He doesn't WANT the bike that Kona has offered. That is HIS call, not YOUR call. He doesn't WANT it. How much clearer do people need that to be?

I am not going to speculate as to what Fabio might do if something happens that hasn't. I am not going to make something up to compare behavior. It is a BIKE. I like hearing about broken bikes and parts and what people do to extend their life, or end their life. It is a BIKE. I really have no issue with who he wants to blame, or who he is unhappy with. I can make my own mind up regarding that "issue" that you seem to have. I don't need anyone's policing or shilling to help me with that.

It is fine that you have a personal opinion as to what you would do, but that is not what Fabio is doing. He is doing what he wants to do, not what you want him to do. "Jury-rigged" or not, Fabio is going to get what he can out of the frame that he likes because that is what HE wants to do. Nothing else really matters.

You don't have ANY reason to be "ragging" on anyone. He has not attacked you in any way. He doesn't NEED an "excuse" to ride any frame he wants broken or not. Who do you think you are? Are you some kind of God or judge? NO. He CAN blame whomever he pleases. It can be Kona or you or me or Seymour Butts. You can't control who he decides to blame. Again. Who do you think you are?

The fact is that the modification might be a wreck waiting to happen, and then again, it might not be. You don't know. If you don't like the story, don't read the story, Don't participate in it. I don't engulf myself in what makes me sick. Is that what you do? It is a bike. That is what it is. That is all it is. Fabio will do whatever he wants to do with it.

Maybe you should take some of your own advice. If you don't think Fabio should be "whining", then maybe you shouldn't be "whining" either?

GO FABIO! GO FABIO! GO FABIO!

:lol: I think I'll go buy a Kona today.

#15 ·
29Colossus said:

Did you see the episode of Harvey Birdman when Shaggy and Scooby got busted?

#16 ·
29Colossus said:
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
29er, have you ever broken a headtube? If you did on a Kona, either A. you're doing something very big and not landing it very smooth or B. there might actually be something wrong with that particular tubing. Now, the fact that his bike is 2 years old and he was offered a crash replacement deal was more than fair. Kona doesn't know what he did on his bike, nor do they know if he had his headset ridiculously loose (another potential reason for failure), so they offered him a reasonable deal, imo.

Can a headtube simply fail? Sure they can, but you're far more likely to dent your downtube or have it break at the DT/TT welds. I've personally hit 15 foot drops on an old Stinky (very similar to Fabio's Coiler) and seen guys do stuff in the 20+ range without a problem.

Like you, I love a good "mod" as much as the next guy. Hey, you want to put some aftermarket linkages on your bike, cool! You want to try to match up a different model's rear end, go for it. However, I'd say putting a collar into the headtube isn't a very safe "mod" as you put it due to the stresses that part of the bike sees and the potential safety issues related to a failure at that spot.

If you want to chime in on Fabio's defense, go right ahead, but notice who had his back when he chimed in his initial posts about his frame breakage....I even took that one step further and emailed Joe directly to help facilitate some help for him. After Joe stepped up and offered him a replacement for cheap and Fabio decided to keep lambasting Kona for "not taking care of him", this was where he lost the support from the regulars here.

Don't forget, this isn't like other mfgr boards where guys drink the kool aid....a lot of folks here ride Kona's because they're tough, ride great, are a good value and Kona stands behind the product. It's not like I don't own/ride other bike brands, but I stand behind Kona out of personal experience....anyone that knows me can attest to the abuse I put my bikes through.

I'm done with this topic.

Cheers,
EBX

#17 ·
ebxtreme said:
Blah, blah, blah. I'm done with this topic.
Cheers,
EBX
I am not interested in the company shilling. It means nothing to me. This is no big deal. You can freak out all you want if that makes you feel better about something. I have no clue what it is.

Fabio is messing around with his broken frame. That is ALL it is to me, and I enjoy it. If you can't grasp that, then so be it.

#18 ·
Guess I'm with the Majority on this topic

I too followed this "story" closely and thought, though the response from Kona was delayed, in the end Fabius was offered a deal that no one in there right mind should pass up. To pass on the deal and come back to do nothing but bore us with his "project" and then bash the very company that made him a very kind offer is inexcusable IMO and shows no class. Fabius just go away. Your posts are pointless and negative. I hope you have good medical insurance. 29, maybe you can follow him if you enjoy reading so much about what an idiot does. :rolleyes:

#19 ·
That fix looks like definite stem or headtube to the sternum material. Glad I'm not the one to ride it.:nono:

When my King Kik cracked and wasn't warrantied, I'll admit I was disappointed, but Kona really came through and reassured me what a great company they really are. They offered me TWO choices of replacement frames, both at amazing prices. So, now I have an '06 LeRoi frame on the way, which I can't wait to see, and which I was happy to take them up on.

Now 29, when you say it's just a bike and we'll all get over it, then don't you agree that Fabius should've just "gotten over it" rather than coming here and attempting to bad-mouth Kona as a company? Anybody who puts that much effort into restoring a broken bike, which is still "just a bike", must really enjoy riding it, therefore pretty much disproving his claims that Kona is a crappy company making crappy bikes.:rolleyes:

Ah, just my $.02 again.:skep:

#20 ·
psinsyd said:
Now 29, when you say it's just a bike and we'll all get over it, then don't you agree that Fabius should've just "gotten over it" rather than coming here and attempting to bad-mouth Kona as a company? Anybody who puts that much effort into restoring a broken bike, which is still "just a bike", must really enjoy riding it, therefore pretty much disproving his claims that Kona is a crappy company making crappy bikes.:rolleyes:
Fabio did get over it. He declined the deal, and modded his broken frame. Who cares if he likes the company or not? I don't. He does like the bike, that is why he is keeping it in lieu of a newer and different frame. He wants what he has to work. That is why he is modding it up.

He can "bad-mouth" whoever he wants for whatever reason he wants to. It doesn't make him right. The bike broke, and is out of warranty. He doesn't want the deal. He wants the bike he has. He is doing what he does.

I want a ride report!

Maybe this will help?

KONA RULES! KONA RULES! KONA BIKES SMASH OTHER BIKES IN THE FACE!

:D

#22 ·
ebxtreme said:
29er, have you ever broken a headtube? If you did on a Kona, either A. you're doing something very big and not landing it very smooth or B. there might actually be something wrong with that particular tubing. Now, the fact that his bike is 2 years old and he was offered a crash replacement deal was more than fair. Kona doesn't know what he did on his bike, nor do they know if he had his headset ridiculously loose (another potential reason for failure), so they offered him a reasonable deal, imo.

Can a headtube simply fail? Sure they can, but you're far more likely to dent your downtube or have it break at the DT/TT welds. I've personally hit 15 foot drops on an old Stinky (very similar to Fabio's Coiler) and seen guys do stuff in the 20+ range without a problem.

Like you, I love a good "mod" as much as the next guy. Hey, you want to put some aftermarket linkages on your bike, cool! You want to try to match up a different model's rear end, go for it. However, I'd say putting a collar into the headtube isn't a very safe "mod" as you put it due to the stresses that part of the bike sees and the potential safety issues related to a failure at that spot.

If you want to chime in on Fabio's defense, go right ahead, but notice who had his back when he chimed in his initial posts about his frame breakage....I even took that one step further and emailed Joe directly to help facilitate some help for him. After Joe stepped up and offered him a replacement for cheap and Fabio decided to keep lambasting Kona for "not taking care of him", this was where he lost the support from the regulars here.

Don't forget, this isn't like other mfgr boards where guys drink the kool aid....a lot of folks here ride Kona's because they're tough, ride great, are a good value and Kona stands behind the product. It's not like I don't own/ride other bike brands, but I stand behind Kona out of personal experience....anyone that knows me can attest to the abuse I put my bikes through.

I'm done with this topic.

Cheers,
EBX
Complete confidence in Kona products. I had a o4 Coiler frame up until recently. I loved that bike, even more than my Norco Six. It was light, stiff, and burly as all h3ll. I hit more than my fair share of 15 foot drops (to tranny) with my 34 pound build. And drunkeness has led me to drop 5 or 6 feet to flat on occasion.

I've ovalized headtubes on my BMX bikes to the point where I would've had to use quarters and JB Weld to shim them out.

This guys a dumb@ss.

I think stripping a headset to bare metal, and the inside of the headtube to bare metal, and then JB Welding the two together would be a safer fix than this. A MUCH safer fix than this. It's still not something I would ride. At this point, it's wall decoration.

#24 ·
29Colossus said:
I am not interested in the company shilling. It means nothing to me. This is no big deal. You can freak out all you want if that makes you feel better about something. I have no clue what it is.

Fabio is messing around with his broken frame. That is ALL it is to me, and I enjoy it. If you can't grasp that, then so be it.
He's not messing around with a broken frame, you tool. He's messing around (potentially) his LIFE. If he did something dramatic enough to crack that headtube in the first place, it's a pretty sure bet that he will do something stupid again and not only annhilate that flimsy brace he put on there, but destroy the head tube and probably his face in the process.

But hey, who am I to dispute natural selection, right?

And your defense of him is nothing more than stirring the pot. He CAN be pissed at Kona all he wants, wether he wanted the replacement they offered him or not. He is not RIGHT to be pissed when they offered him a good deal, and he is not RIGHT in trashing them further. And he's for damn sure not RIGHT in trying to collar that tube to ride it when it broke from previous use. It's not nearly as strong now as it was previously, and he's still going to do the same crap.

You wonder why I think he's an idiot? It's not because he is thrashing on Kona Far from it. I think he's an idiot for clearly refusing a deal on a frame and choosing to ride a severely damaged frame while putting his own life at risk doing so. And when he hurts himself, based upon prior experience with him, he's going to start whining about "kona caused this because they wouldn't give me a new frame and their crappy frame failed and I hurt myself." Sure, it might not happen that he hurts himself, but would YOU take the chance of riding a busted frame? Didn't think so.

#25 ·
robdamanii said:
He's not messing around with a broken frame, you tool. He's messing around (potentially) his LIFE. If he did something dramatic enough to crack that headtube in the first place, it's a pretty sure bet that he will do something stupid again and not only annhilate that flimsy brace he put on there, but destroy the head tube and probably his face in the process.
Now you feel the need to call me names? What is that about? Control yourself. There is no need for that. :rolleyes: I am no company shill, or company forum pawn. I tool for no one.

Yes he IS messing around with a broken frame, and it is HIS CHOICE to do so. You mess with your life when you make the decision to cross the street everyday. Only the one making the decision is responsible for it. You have no idea if he did anything "dramatic". You have no clue if he will do ANYTHING at all on the bike with the modification dramatic or not.

The bottom line it that it is HIS CHOICE.

But hey, who am I to dispute natural selection, right?
If that is your line, then why whine and cry about it? Just go with the flow bro.

And your defense of him is nothing more than stirring the pot. He CAN be pissed at Kona all he wants, wether he wanted the replacement they offered him or not. He is not RIGHT to be pissed when they offered him a good deal, and he is not RIGHT in trashing them further. And he's for damn sure not RIGHT in trying to collar that tube to ride it when it broke from previous use. It's not nearly as strong now as it was previously, and he's still going to do the same crap.
"Stirring the pot"? What pot? The Kona forum pot where all the big, and bad, big bike, Kona hucking, killer jumpers and riders, with their fat-framed Kona burl bikes get all sensitive and worked up at the mere mention of their precious being broken, discussed, and modified for fun and maybe some further use? OMFG! SOMEONE SAID THEY ARE NOT IMPRESSED WITH THEIR KONA... BROKEN KONA! It must be time to FREAK OUT about it!

Is that the pot I am "stirring"? Give it a rest would ya? Nothing special here. Just a discussion about a broken bike, and a bike mod. He can be pissed about Kona's short warranty. He has a RIGHT, and can be as pissed off as he likes about the offer he was given by Kona. He doesn't want a different frame. That is HIS choice, and he has a RIGHT to make that choice. Who do you people think you are? He has a RIGHT to do anything he wants regarding the bike. If his DECISION is to collar the frame, then he has a RIGHT to do it. It is the RIGHT decision for him right now, and you are not the judge of that decision. He can "trash" whomever he likes. What are you so defensive about? Are you afraid for the little bike company Kona? Are they getting their good name "trashed" by Fabio? What a joke.

You wonder why I think he's an idiot? It's not because he is thrashing on Kona Far from it. I think he's an idiot for clearly refusing a deal on a frame and choosing to ride a severely damaged frame while putting his own life at risk doing so. And when he hurts himself, based upon prior experience with him, he's going to start whining about "kona caused this because they wouldn't give me a new frame and their crappy frame failed and I hurt myself." Sure, it might not happen that he hurts himself, but would YOU take the chance of riding a busted frame? Didn't think so.
I don't wonder why you think he is an "idiot". I never asked. I really have no interest in your ridiculous assertion as to anothers person's intelligence. He doesn't want the deal on a different frame. That doesn't make him an idiot. You have no idea if he is putting his "life at risk". You have no idea if he will hurt himself or not.

All you can do is make assumptions based on a future that you are making up. Some might say that believing a made up future is idiotic.

Get over the whimpering. Kona is OK. It can take Fabio whining and complaining and feeling bad on this forum. It really can. Kona doesn't need you whining and crying about something you have no control over.

I am interested in the mod. I want to see it work for Fabio for years. I want him to say it is better than ever and he doesn't give a winning bingo card what you pepper breathers want to say about it.

Ohh yeah. I love a good mod fest. I don't care about your company shilling and pawn-like defense displayed for Kona.

RIDE REPORT! RIDE REPORT! RIDE REPORT!

BROKEN KONAS RIDE BETTER THAN UNBROKEN BIKES OF ALL OTHER NAMES!

KONA RULES! BROKEN KONAS RULE!

#26 ·
29Colossus said:
Now you feel the need to call me names? What is that about? Control yourself. There is no need for that. :rolleyes: I am no company shill, or company forum pawn. I tool for no one.
Who is calling names? Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, Pot.

29Colossus said:
Yes he IS messing around with a broken frame, and it is HIS CHOICE to do so. You mess with your life when you make the decision to cross the street everyday. Only the one making the decision is responsible for it. You have no idea if he did anything "dramatic". You have no clue if he will do ANYTHING at all on the bike with the modification dramatic or not.

The bottom line it that it is HIS CHOICE.
You're right. It is. It's our right to tell him that it is not a wise idea. And you're right again, there is inherent risk in everyday life. Years ago when i worked in a bike shop, and people told me that mountain biking was dangerous, i used to tell them that people die in the shower every day. And the statistics for driving a car are through the roof. I wouldn't want to add to that by driving a car with a cracked axle, though. Plain and simple, i have worked around and with bikes for most of my life, and what Fabius is doing is not a good idea. At all. And, like someone else said, he has changed his bike by as much as it would have changed with the new frame and his fork.

29Colossus said:
Just a discussion about a broken bike, and a bike mod. He can be pissed about Kona's short warranty. He has a RIGHT, and can be as pissed off as he likes about the offer he was given by Kona. He doesn't want a different frame. That is HIS choice, and he has a RIGHT to make that choice. Who do you people think you are? He has a RIGHT to do anything he wants regarding the bike. If his DECISION is to collar the frame, then he has a RIGHT to do it. It is the RIGHT decision for him right now, and you are not the judge of that decision. He can "trash" whomever he likes. What are you so defensive about? Are you afraid for the little bike company Kona? Are they getting their good name "trashed" by Fabio? What a joke.
You have had one argument this whole time, and it is that Fabius has a "right" to trash whoever he wants. Ok, fine. Let him trash Kona. Let him post on here, or write and e-mail to Joe, and tell them all at Kona how much they all suck. Of course, he is being totally unreasonable to the point of comedy, but that's ok too. If anything, Kona's probably laughing at this just like most of us are.

29Colossus said:
I am interested in the mod. I want to see it work for Fabio for years. I want him to say it is better than ever and he doesn't give a winning bingo card what you pepper breathers want to say about it.

Ohh yeah. I love a good mod fest. I don't care about your company shilling and pawn-like defense displayed for Kona.
Pepper-breathers? Wow, um... ok.
But i do see that we are back to the ame calling. Fair enough.

So, i thought you guys met already? Pot, Kettle? I am just SURE i introduced you guys... weird. Kettle here must have a short memory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.