Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put an Ohlins TTX22M coil on my V1 Offering and proved to be a great upgrade. Traction and composure are have been improved. Only downside is the fork feels a little sketchy now in steep chunk at speeds the coil just eats up. Running a Lyrik Ultimate at 150mm in XLOW. I think that puts me at 65.8 HTA.

Leaning toward a -1.5 angleset to improve confidence. Other option is bumping up travel to 160mm, but the fork is feeling good in general and I don't really need that extra travel. It is cheaper though.

Any relevant experiences or thoughts are appreciated!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Coil conversion kit (Push, Vorsprung) or a Vorsprung Secus add-on should work well. Secus uses extra volume air to create a linear path with progression near end. Love mine and balances the Push coil on back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Put an Ohlins TTX22M coil on my V1 Offering and proved to be a great upgrade. Traction and composure are have been improved. Only downside is the fork feels a little sketchy now in steep chunk at speeds the coil just eats up. Running a Lyrik Ultimate at 150mm in XLOW. I think that puts me at 65.8 HTA.

Leaning toward a -1.5 angleset to improve confidence. Other option is bumping up travel to 160mm, but the fork is feeling good in general and I don't really need that extra travel. It is cheaper though.

Any relevant experiences or thoughts are appreciated!
Does your Lyrik Ultimate have the latest 2021 air spring in it? That would keep the fork a bit higher in its travel on steep terrain. I have a 2020 Lyrik Ultimate and a 2019 Fox 36 Vorsprung coil conversion and they both feel very similar. The coil has slightly better small bump sensitivity but there's really not much in it at all.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does your Lyrik Ultimate have the latest 2021 air spring in it? That would keep the fork a bit higher in its travel on steep terrain. I have a 2020 Lyrik Ultimate and a 2019 Fox 36 Vorsprung coil conversion and they both feel very similar. The coil has slightly better small bump sensitivity but there's really not much in it at all.
It should be the older air spring. That's a good consideration. Might update the air spring and go -1.5.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It should be the older air spring. That's a good consideration. Might update the air spring and go -1.5.
Yeah, adding the new air spring is a super cheap and effective upgrade. Obviously the push coil as mentioned above is awesome as well.

For something in between I'd highly recommend the Diaz suspension Runt.

Lots of info out there about this product and the owner of this custom tune suspension shop has some great videos explaining the product he created. I've had two and absolutely love them. You get the performance and really no weight penalty.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, adding the new air spring is a super cheap and effective upgrade. Obviously the push coil as mentioned above is awesome as well.

For something in between I'd highly recommend the Diaz suspension Runt.

Lots of info out there about this product and the owner of this custom tune suspension shop has some great videos explaining the product he created. I've had two and absolutely love them. You get the performance and really no weight penalty.

Gonna start with new air spring and a -1.5 deg angleset. Runt sounds promising as that coil matched feel is probably the balance I'm after. Probably add that after the initial changes.

Anyone install an angle set on their Offering and NOT like the change? At 65.8deg in XLOW seems there is some room for slackening out a 150mm fork without getting absurd. That would give me 65deg HTA in LOW and 64.3 in XLOW. Rowdy trail realm for HTA IMHO.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just thought I'd mention that the Runt is compatible with a Secus; a combo I was considering. Since I use a Secus, I'd be remiss to not point out just how damn good this thing is; a few friends bought one after they tried it. It is very similar to coil, with better midstroke support (see article graphs), bottom out can be further tuned with Runt. It's also a non-destructive add-on, opposed to coil, so it won't void warranties either.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just thought I'd mention that the Runt is compatible with a Secus; a combo I was considering. Since I use a Secus, I'd be remiss to not point out just how damn good this thing is; a few friends bought one after they tried it. It is very similar to coil, with better midstroke support (see article graphs), bottom out can be further tuned with Runt. It's also a non-destructive add-on, opposed to coil, so it won't void warranties either.

Interesting. I've never considered the combo but I guess I'm just content with the runt. Would be cool to hear how they work in unison. I still haven't seen the Secus in the wild yet. Would definitely like to try one. A few of my buds run the smashpot.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Interesting. I've never considered the combo but I guess I'm just content with the runt. Would be cool to hear how they work in unison. I still haven't seen the Secus in the wild yet. Would definitely like to try one. A few of my buds run the smashpot.
Had a couple rides on the Secus/Runt combo. A bit softer off the top, supple, with a nice tunable progression ramp. Def feels even better. On some of the rougher DH sections on the local Drago trail at speed the Runt adds some more support (riding higher) while allowing the spring to be a bit lower psi for added small bump compliance. Tried it so far with a bit lower HSC to let the spring work a bit more. I haven’t tested Runt without Secus, but the added air volume from Secus helps a ton anyway. My 150 fork feels like more.

Either upgrade on its own is nice to have. That said, it does make a Mezzer Pro or Era fork look like an intriguing foray for me in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts