Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a 2007 coilair (has yet to arrive), size L, w/ the fox 36 float r and the dhx air 3.0. i have a few questions. how does this beast pedal? lots of bobbing w/ this suspension set up? i was thinking about upgrading to a talas to help on climbs but also to the dhx air 5.0, which has the pro pedal feature (as does the 4.0). this is going to be my daily bike (i still have a 4" travel FS but need a new fork). i know this is a big out of bounds bike but would like to make it a decent climber.

if you have one of these, what's your opinion? would you upgrade? has anyone ridden my set up vs. the supreme? i have always had a linkage or single pivot, so this is my first 4 bar.

thanks.

·
Salt of the Earth
117 Posts
Unless you like to fiddle...

bandit350 said:
i just picked up a 2007 coilair (has yet to arrive), size L, w/ the fox 36 float r and the dhx air 3.0. i have a few questions. how does this beast pedal? lots of bobbing w/ this suspension set up? i was thinking about upgrading to a talas to help on climbs but also to the dhx air 5.0, which has the pro pedal feature (as does the 4.0). this is going to be my daily bike (i still have a 4" travel FS but need a new fork). i know this is a big out of bounds bike but would like to make it a decent climber.

if you have one of these, what's your opinion? would you upgrade? has anyone ridden my set up vs. the supreme? i have always had a linkage or single pivot, so this is my first 4 bar.

thanks.
...I would stick with the DHX Air 3.0. The 3.0 DOES have propedal in it; it is just not as discretely adjustible as the 4 / 5 are. You can influence it however by raising the PSI in the boost valve; more PSI = more ProPedal influence (and more bottom out control).

I have a 2007 Coilair with the 3.0 on it. I weigh 215 lbs and run 230 PSI in the main chamber and 135 PSI in the boost valve. Shock stays plush over the small trail chop and does not bob on the climbs. I run the shock in the linear position.

P.S. I also have a Norco Six with a DHX Air 3.0 on it (6.5" horst link rear). I find that needs more platform and pressure to stop bobbing than the Kona does...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.