Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has ridden a prophet with a coil shock yet, like the 1000z?

I'm tryign to decide between the Prophet 600 and a Kona Coiler for a new bike. The coiler is a great bike but I'm not sure that I need a full 6" of travel and that high front end for when I do trailriding. I like the Prophet but I'm not sure if it is strong/plush enough for my light freeride tastes. So I was thinking about getting the 600, swapping the rear shock for a swinger coil, and swapping the cranks for Hussefelts, Hone, or XT. Rims could be upgraded to singletracks later if I had any problems. I've also got a set of Louise FR's I'd pop on instead of the Avids. I'm just wondering whether the switch to the coil will result in the desired plush light duty freeride feel or not. I just want the smooth feel of a coil shock!

...Will the Prophet be up for riding tough east coast trails with occasional small drops and jumps under an 180lb rider?

Thanks!

·
a.k.a.-Cranial Disharmony
238 Posts
I haven't ridden the 100Z but I can tell you that I live in Connecticut and we have some gnarly trails around here. This bike eats large roots and 2-4 ft drops for breakfast! Also, I weigh 210. I own the 1000 with the air shock.

Get it! You won't be dissapointed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.