Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running a coil shock on there VT? Will the reservior get in the way on a 04 if I put a swinger 4way on? Did you notice better bump absorbtion compared to the air 3way?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Romic

artsn said:
Anybody running a coil shock on there VT? Will the reservior get in the way on a 04 if I put a swinger 4way on? Did you notice better bump absorbtion compared to the air 3way?
I run a Romic rear shock on my VT1. Works fine, but I don't have an air reservoit on it, the Romic is oil, not air. I believe that the seatpost would hit the reservoir for sure if you had one though.

I have the picture posted on another thread in the Giant forum Titled "Dual Crown Fork on a VT1"

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
Vt 4 Way Coil

artsn said:
Yeah, I run a 4 way swinger coli on my VT. I had the same concerns with the reservoir hitting the frame during compression. I am happy to tell you that I have had the coil on the VT for about 6 months. NO PROBLEMS!!!!! In fact I enjoy the ride better, the suspension is much smoother than the 3 way air that came with the bike. There is a small amount of stiction that is overcome when its compression time which make the feel a lil less that supple. Not the case with the 4 way coil. In fact the 03' VT models came with 4 Way on them. (Although the shock position is a lil diff that the 04's) But I had a finite conversation with a Giant rep and he told me to go for - so I swapped it out b/c I was suspecting that the 3 way air was not holding air properly. Good Luck :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts