Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have decided that i am going to get a 600 but i really want to get into some freeriding and even some mild downhill and i dont think the manitou air will hold up. i was looking at something like a fox vanilla or dhx, or 5th element, or manitou swinger 4 way coil. i work at a bike shop so throw at any ideas, i dont care about prices. the size shock for the prophet is 7.875 as far as i know.

·
Registered
78 Posts
LimeGreen17 said:
Hey, I have decided that i am going to get a 600 but i really want to get into some freeriding and even some mild downhill and i dont think the manitou air will hold up. i was looking at something like a fox vanilla or dhx, or 5th element, or manitou swinger 4 way coil. i work at a bike shop so throw at any ideas, i dont care about prices. the size shock for the prophet is 7.875 as far as i know.
OOOHH man, I hope some one answers you, i've been thinking about doing the samething, don't want to hijack your thread BTW, i have a 600 as well

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
me too...

I'm going to get the 600 as a 2nd bike. I responded to some other posts regarding the Manitou Radium and 3 way air shocks. They are just too stiff for me. I ride a Gemini with a DHX 5.0 now, and I really like the plushness.

I'm thinking of swapping out the Radium and putting my spare Fox Vanilla R on just for the hell of it.

I hear some pretty good things about the 5th air...but I'm not a fan of the coil.

The best shock out there now is the Fox DHX 5.0.

Just make sure it fits the frame. Even though the i2i is correct, the large reservoir and bottom out knob may come close to touching (like my Gemini)

LimeGreen17 said:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.