Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I know Push is working on elvensix version for the following mb but they don't have an ETA for that yet.
Anyone knows if there is another coil shock on the market that would fit the following?
I have an itch to try it with a coil shock..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I spoke to push on facebook they said they are working on it but dont know when its going to be available.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just found out that Avalanche can mod a Bomber CR to fit the Following. I asked Evil if the Bomber would fit and they said they think it would. I can't see why it wouldn't. Also FWIW, PUSH just told me the 11-6 for the Following should be available in 3-4 months. Myself, I'm going with Avy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Avy-tuned Bomber CR is a great way to try coil without going full Push. I just put one on my Offering and really appreciate the improved traction and how much more settled the bike feels. And with a Fox SLS spring, it's only about .5lb. heavier than the original DPX2. If you love it, you can always get an 11-6 when it's available, but you might also find you're totally happy with the Avy Bomber.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Avy-tuned Bomber CR is a great way to try coil without going full Push. I just put one on my Offering and really appreciate the improved traction and how much more settled the bike feels. And with a Fox SLS spring, it's only about .5lb. heavier than the original DPX2. If you love it, you can always get an 11-6 when it's available, but you might also find you're totally happy with the Avy Bomber.
Thanks for the input. For me, an 11-6 is unnecessary for the Following. I've had Avalanche shocks on other bikes and never felt the need for a climb switch; in fact, I don't want one because I too often forget to switch it off. My only interest in an 11-6 would be for a park bike where I'd love to have a DH circuit and a flowy jump trail one. That sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
An update so I don't steer anyone wrong: Craig at Avalanche sent me an email saying the following: "We have been looking into the V2 with the trunnion mount shock, it would require us to modify a 185 x 55 shock (machine shorten the shaft and body by 10 mm each). You said Evil was looking into the dimensions to see if it will fit the frame. To us it seems a bit extreme to put a coil shock on a 120 mm frame but if it is possible then we will build it. The machining mods will be an extra, approx. $150 added to the tuning mods. Spring rates (650 lb/in max) will be limited to 200 lb riders and below."

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bringing this one back from the dead...

Since the MB and V3 are the same shock setup, is anyone else doing R&D for a coil option, because PUSH is awesome, but also the cost of a used Honda Civic... anyone know if Cane Creek is considering it? Would prefer an off the shelf option rather than a custom/modified option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
To keep this necro thread going, I too have been toying with this idea it seems Öhlins makes a ttx22 in the proper 165x45 trunnion mount.

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/co...-165mm-x-45mmtrunnion-piggyback-cylinder-head

I’ve seen a few pop up on the bike of pink but the cost prevents me from pulling the trigger as others have mentioned 120mm on coil™️ seems a bit over kill and I’m not sure how well the leverage curve meshes with a coil. I’d imagine it would be ok as they are fairly progressive but getting the spring rate right might be a challenge...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts