Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Dawg owners
I have just bought a 05 Dawg Deluxe ..problem is i diont really like the RP3 shock feels like a stick...little or no small bump sensitivity and blows through the mid travel (typical air can)

What is the Dawg like with the coil vanilla ?
Any one fited any other Coils to the Dawg?

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Hi Dawg owners
I have just bought a 05 Dawg Deluxe ..problem is i diont really like the RP3 shock feels like a stick...little or no small bump sensitivity and blows through the mid travel (typical air can)

What is the Dawg like with the coil vanilla ?
Any one fited any other Coils to the Dawg?
I've got a 4" version (Bear) with a Pushed Vanilla R and I really love it. I'm a coil guy though and prefer the better small bump compliance / less stiction that the coil affords. To avoid bottoming with a coil (since they tend to be more linear), I'd recommend running the shock in the progressive mounting hole.

Chers,
EBX

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ebxtreme said:
I've got a 4" version (Bear) with a Pushed Vanilla R and I really love it. I'm a coil guy though and prefer the better small bump compliance / less stiction that the coil affords. To avoid bottoming with a coil (since they tend to be more linear), I'd recommend running the shock in the progressive mounting hole.

Chers,
EBX
The progresive mount is the front one yes?

So would the RP3 be better in the rear mount as air cans are more prgrsive by nature?

(it came in the front mount)

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
If it's anything like the coiler. Front is linear, rear is progressive.
Will nailed it. Front is linear and rear is progressive on the Dawg as well.

This helps with bottoming because it changes the angle between the rocker and the shock and the rocker can't compress the shock at the tail end of the stroke as easily.

Worth noting is that it doesn't make a huge effect and it can't counter a poorly setup shock. I'm not saying your shock is set up incorrectly, but moving the shock isn't a cure all, but it has made a difference on both of my bikes and that's where I run them.

Chers,
EBX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts