Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Nomad (or Strega) riders out there, what coil shock are you running?

My gf's Strega has the Super Deluxe and she's not a fan - and she recently demoed a bike with a rear coil shock so she's all about it now.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
875 Posts
I actually liked the super deluxe coil that came on my nomad. It didn’t pedal the best, but I suspect I could have benefited from a heavier spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've had a lot of luck with the Super Alloy Racing spring on the Rockshox Super Deluxe RCT for my Nomad. The spring is significantly lighter than the stock RS spring and feels much more energetic vs the stock spring which felt very wooden/dead to me. The coil setup on this bike is very very nice with the sag set a little lower than an air shock due to the coil, bearing mount and suspension design being so supple at the beginning of the travel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm running a Ext Storia Lok coil and feels great. Hi, Low Compression, Climb switch etc. Plenty of adjustment to get the ride you wanting out of it and considerably lighter than other coil options. So far haven't needed the climb switch at all and no noticeable Bob pedalling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.