Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a complete listing posted anywhere? Cohutta's 1984 website obvioulsy doesn't have any.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
sjanes said:
Be patient, they will get them up. They are probably out picking up people's dropped energy bar/gel wrappers
Its tough when they are out there picking up all those sledge hammers I dropped on the course. . .

That's right, the sarcasm doesn't even end with the race.

Oh and results, I came in right under the 10 hour mark. Is that what you are looking for?

·
Go make a difference
1,249 Posts
J~
You beat me? Punked again! At least you were an honorable competitor.

But I believe what the gentleman is interested in knowing is that I finished my first hundy in under 12 hours. Yes, that's even with the morning rains, falling on concrete (not a trail mind you -- but part of the only 20' of concrete on the whole freakin' course), a mechanical, fighting boredom somewhere between miles 52 and 63, crying on mile 93 just before seeing a comrade-at-arms doing trailside yogo screaming that he can't go on, and not eating enough oatmeal creme pies.

It really means a lot that you care, thank you for your support.

Good to see the great turnout for a great event! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to New Leaf Adventures for doing such a wonderful job!

·
Casual Observer
61 Posts
I'm actually a little nervous about this. They had some serious problems listing the open male finishers for the 65 mile race. They got the medal winners right, but the list was in bad shape after that. I am 98% sure they will get everything straightened out and posted online, but I don't understand why it was so hard to get it fixed on Saturday.

·
Go make a difference
1,249 Posts
I'm with sjanes on this....

(sorry if you're on SORBA too, since I posted this response to the same question there)

Maybe if the RD didn't have to spend today picking up everyone's trash thay they asked us not to leave they would have time to post results.

Pretty sad really, that folks can't follow the most basic rule of being outdoors: "Pack it in. Pack it out." I did a 24 hour race last year with 5000 racers -- yes, that's FIVE THOUSAND, no typo -- and there was not one single bit of debris from gel or bar wrappers.

Give 'em a day or two -- Barb and her crew worked their bums off to show us a good time and they deserve a day of rest too.

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
8:27 or soo for me. I had a great time out there despite a pinchflat early in the day and a few massive chainsuckage issues.

Such a fun race, as usual. Barbara and her crew really are top-notch.

B

·
Registered
658 Posts
My chainsuck was bad enough to bend the rear derailleur into the spokes and break the hanger shortly after the 1st aid station. Fortunately I carry a spare der. hanger and was able to bend the cages back at least to the point I could get it to shift most of the time into the correct gear. I also finished just under 10 hours.

[A LOT of time...the pictures from 2007 just came out two weeks ago/QUOTE]
Where are they? The ones on the Cohutta page are from 2006.

1 - 20 of 329 Posts