Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is coffee also a common addiction for mtb'ers? I wake up every morning looking forward to making coffee(black) from purified water in my french press with freshly ground beans....mmmmmm! Its what gets me out of bed every morning....

If so post ur fav. blends....

Mine so far:
*Anything Peets
*Safeway Organic
*Starbucks French Roast
(All bagged)

coffee in the mornin' beer at night....

·
Registered
18,806 Posts
Guital2 said:
Is coffee also a common addiction for mtb'ers? I wake up every morning looking forward to making coffee(black) from purified water in my french press with freshly ground beans....mmmmmm! Its what gets me out of bed every morning....

If so post ur fav. blends....

Mine so far:
*Anything Peets
*Safeway Organic
*Starbucks French Roast
(All bagged)

coffee in the mornin' beer at night....
Sometimes I go to bed at night looking forward to my morning pot of coffee.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Peet's Kenya roast is a favorite of mine. A buddy of works for their roasting plant in Emeryville so I get tossed an expired bag every now and then. I try to stick with a 50/50 decaf mix, though, to prevent the onset of caffine addiction and the associated early morning headaches -- that's no fun.

·
bubbletea Latte'
51 Posts
MMmmm. Expresso

I don't drink that much home brewed coffee. I'm a big fan of the expresso and the drinks that are made with it. My fav. Double shot English toffee latte. I also use expresso when I make my own energy gel. :D

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Not sure being an mtb'er has any connection to drinking coffee or not drinking coffee. It's pretty much a universal drink(exept in remote areas-be it rain forest or deserts) with people who partake in all forms of activities. From mtb'g to coach potato.

Like any good black coffee. Don't care for the flavored stuff. Won't go the french press route. Too bloody time consuming. When I want coffee I want it now! ;-)

·
Registered
95 Posts
fred3 said:
Not sure being an mtb'er has any connection to drinking coffee or not drinking coffee. It's pretty much a universal drink(exept in remote areas-be it rain forest or deserts) with people who partake in all forms of activities. From mtb'g to coach potato.

Like any good black coffee. Don't care for the flavored stuff. Won't go the french press route. Too bloody time consuming. When I want coffee I want it now! ;-)
Maxwell House Instant here.

(I'm a die hard red-neck)

and I like my coffee, like I like my women,......

Hot,....Sweet,....n' Creamy

'nuff said,..??

Live Long,...Ride Hard

Ol' DirtDawg

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
I have found an evil sort of addiction in coffee. I have a friend that roasts his own coffee (even started his own company) so I get the stuff that's fresh, I mean really fresh! The stuff in the grocery stores will do, but it doesn't taste nearly as good as the stuff that's been roasted within 5 days of drinking it (within 48 hours is the most incredible). His Singletrack blend is my favorite so far (just noticed that it's not on the website, but I bet you could call and get it).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ol' DirtDawg said:
Maxwell House Instant here.

(I'm a die hard red-neck)

and I like my coffee, like I like my women,......

Hot,....Sweet,....n' Creamy

'nuff said,..??

Live Long,...Ride Hard

Ol' DirtDawg
Folgers coffee here. And I also like my coffee like my women. Hot and Black. :D

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Wow, screampint's got connections!! How much does Singletrack go for on the street??

Coffee is as necessary as oxygen. Maybe I should change my signature to quote my dad: "If I don't get some coffee soon, I'm gonna kill somebody....." :p

Couldn't tell you the difference from one to another. As long as it's fresh it's okay in my book. Fresh and caffeinated. Lately I've been getting two hits during the day instead of just the one in the morning.....usually I go to two different stores so they don't catch on to my addiction :rolleyes:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Black and strong

Like my women ;)

I too used to have a friend that roasted his own beans. Kick arse french roast that could curl your toes. Unfortunately, he sold the business and moved back east.

Now it's good old Starbucks French Roast. Filtered water, I'm told the better coffee makers heat the water more, thereby extracting more flavor - My new one is pretty good.

BTW - If you need to put that foo foo crap in your coffee, why not just drink cocoa?

Once you go black, you never go back.

·
I'm how far behind?
571 Posts
Anything hot and black, the darker the better as long as it is not starbucks. There drip coffee ain't so bad, but I hate going to a place that insists on opening another store across the street from one of their own existing stores. I can think of a dozen or so starbucks in my neck of the woods that have opened a store right across the street from a starbucks in a grocery store. Can we really not walk across a street to get a cup of homogenated blended coffee? Next you know they will team up with Walmart so that every town as 2.1 stores/capita.

·
Just Ride!
806 Posts
Mmmm Coffee

Love coffee. I used to drink 6 cups in the morning in one sitting now I was able to cut it down to two. I'll pretty much drink any cup of java as lonf as it is well made but Man, one day I ran out of my regular brew so I decided to just ride to the 99c store, which is just few blocks away from me, and bought a bag of cheap Sumatran coffee. Aaargh, That was the nastiest coffee I have ever tried in my entire life:mad: Word to the wise, DO NOT EVEN THINK of trying that coffee!!!!!

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.