Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on a great MTBR ride at Henry Coe where we did Four Ridges, I ran into this stray coffee cup. I often run into strays on rides, but this one followed me home. At first, I thought the owner would post notice, or come and pick it up. But as time went on I grew more and more concerned the cup was being neglected.

Attachments

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
New Friends

We tried to make the cup feel at home. We gave it friends among our other cups. But it seemed unhappy.

Maybe due to the previous owner, it seemed to like the idea of doing fast singletrack at Santa Teresa. Especially when I went down at warp speed.

Attachments

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MTB Epic Ride!

Maybe due to the nature of the cup, or maybe in a desperate hope to find it's owner, we decided it was time to do a good epic ride at Henry Coe together.

Here the cup is taking a break on Wagon Rd. near Crest Trail.

Attachments

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New Owners

The cup cavorted with possible new MTB owners. Here a prospective owner eyes the cup for potential adoption.

Attachments

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Noooooo

And others took interest in the cup who may not be in it's best interest. This MTB rider has tatoos all over his back. Who knows what will happen to the cup now??? Will it get a tatoo too?

Attachments

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Up the Creek

Pacheco Creek was an amazingly smooth ride. Not all rocky and bumpy like the rest of Henry Coe. Why, it looks like we're going to Mississippi Lake!

Attachments

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it's Mississippi Lake

The cup has a great view of Mississippi Lake and 7 MTBR riders who accompanied it today. (Not all in view.)

Attachments

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What a Ball!!

Oh what fun it had dancing on the ball by Willow Ridge Rd. Now this is indeed what the cup came for.

If only it's owner could see it now, I'm sure he'd return.

Attachments

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Incentive

We had heard rumors the owner may show up at the ball, but he was not to be found. :(

Oh the fun we had,... the mixes,.. the drinks,.. the dancing,.. the socializing,.. the MTB adventures... Sorry to leave so soon.

Maybe your owner will find you here soon? Only if he comes quick.

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
Nice Couple

BigLarry said:
We had heard rumors the owner may show up at the ball, but he was not to be found. :(

Oh the fun we had,... the mixes,.. the drinks,.. the dancing,.. the socializing,.. the MTB adventures... Sorry to leave so soon.

Maybe your owner will find you here soon? Only if he comes quick.
Should have just left her with Mr. Ball. Looks like he could use the company. He's probably going to be there awhile too.

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Portola Vince said:
Should have just left her with Mr. Ball. Looks like he could use the company. He's probably going to be there awhile too.
Could be a while indeed. Took us 33 miles and 6200' to get out to that ball, exactly as expected. There's not much easier way out there either. What an incentive for it's owner to embark on an MTB epic! :D

Yes, this cup demonstrated none of the slackerness of it's owner. And how could the cup's owner could ever slack properly without it's volumous fill of liquid refreshment?

I sense there's much more to this story to be continued....

·
Medium?
6,728 Posts
Now that was freakin' funny. My wife's going to kill us both if you left it out there.

If only the mtb-riding life that I envision all week when I'm a cubicle jockey were reality...

Nick and I rode Flat Frog to the lake on Saturday afternoon, at least.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
that's a big LOL!!!

reminds me of my kids bringing home the doll that everyone in the class has to take with them for a couple of weeks and then do a writeup...larry i give you an 'A+'................

1 - 20 of 33 Posts