Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for coded heart rate monitors outside of Polar. Are there any? I've heard that the Garmin Forerunner 305 is coded, but I couldn't find any info about that on there website. Are they?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
yes

While I'm unsure if I read it in print, the initialization procedure (start it up outside of the range of other 305's) and the result (will not interfere with others) suggests they are.

Unfortunately the transmitter belts aren't compatible, and Garmin's strap isn't nearly as comfortable as the new style Polar fabric ones (Garmin's strap is like the old-style Polars).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
anotherbrian said:
While I'm unsure if I read it in print, the initialization procedure (start it up outside of the range of other 305's) and the result (will not interfere with others) suggests they are.

Unfortunately the transmitter belts aren't compatible, and Garmin's strap isn't nearly as comfortable as the new style Polar fabric ones (Garmin's strap is like the old-style Polars).
The above is for the Edge 305 at least. Another nice thing with the Garmin straps is the batteries are replacable (although Polar has gone back to replacable transmitter batteries as well).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.