Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SS FR HT
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Code 5 for my 4x rig. The rest of th parts are coming soon. Well I put the brakes on the bars and I can pull the levers to the bars. There set up for two finger contact. I have not road the bike yet but is this normal? I cant pull my old Strokers to the bars. Is this normal for Code5's? Does anyone know were I can find a good price on a bleed kit? Any help will would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
err ahh, just checking, did you adjust the adjuster knob (small allen wrench, 2mm, l think), sits behind the lever.

can supply the bleed kit
contact me via PM or email

·
StraightOuttaCompton
3,145 Posts
it needs a bleed. i just got those brakes for christmas and then lever feels fine. yeah they havent broken in yet but the lever is not gong to the bar, thats for sure.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
yep - you'll dial it out, almost like you're going to remove the bolt.

if it turns out you do need to bleed them, the kit is way over detailed. not nearly as technical as they write it up.

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
Well not a ton, but I hang my bike on the back side of a door on my apartment, basically at a 90 degree angle with the ground, and I have to pump the levers a few times before they feel right again.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Hang the caliper below the lever with the lever at the highest point. Ziptie the lever closed overnight. The air will (hopefully) rise to the top. When the lever is closed, the air will be sucked into the reservoir.

If it's squishy, it needs to be bled. If it's just that it pulls real far, make sure that the reach is set correctly. You can pump out the pistons a bit if need be.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Remove the rotor from between the pads. Squeeze the lever a little, the pistons will extend a little. Don't go too far, or the pistons will pop out and you'll for sure need a bleed.

Oh, an addition to my above post, you can tap the caliper with a non-marring object to help dislodge any stubborn air bubbles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.