Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
If possible, 08 codes(lighter). Saints look baller and stop well but the assembly seems a bit delicate, is a bear to work on, and is equally difficult to get parts for. That said, the 07 codes are excellent brakes.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
according to sicklines: http://www.sicklines.com/weights/discbrakes/

08 Code rear: 323 grams
07 Code rear 392 grams
09 Saint rear: 342 grams
(of course the length of brake lines could be different, so might not be a spot on comparison)

weight, in my opinion, between all the above are close enough to be irrelevant.

that said, my 08 codes havent failed me yet. 09 saints are definitely bling though. i would consider them if i had the loot and needed new brakes

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
As far as parts go, Shimano doesn't offer caliper seals, MCs, etc.

But Shimano brakes are super easy to bleed. Codes can be a bit tricky.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
tronspecial said:
If possible, 08 codes(lighter). Saints look baller and stop well but the assembly seems a bit delicate, is a bear to work on, and is equally difficult to get parts for. That said, the 07 codes are excellent brakes.
What are you talking about?

The assembly is basically bomb proof, both caliper and lever. The Saints are a bear to work on? Dude...the Saints are possibly the EASIEST brakes to bleed, you don't even need a special kit or anything. I bled my Saints with a 21 cent piece of clear plastic tubing from my local hardware store. If you know how to use a beer bong...you know how to bleed saints. Hard to get parts for? That's funny, I saw a ton of parts online at Universal Cycles.

Not sure where you got all your info...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts