Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I ride with tools
1,376 Posts
They're rideable now...................

................If you like mud.

Seriously, most everything below 7,500 feet in Los Alamos is dry, with the exception of the extremely shady north-facing spots. But I would think if you tried to ride the big loop on Shipman/Midtown, you'd hit some snow and mud.

·
Vita brevis
440 Posts
Yep

Jim Beam said:
................If you like mud.

Seriously, most everything below 7,500 feet in Los Alamos is dry, with the exception of the extremely shady north-facing spots. But I would think if you tried to ride the big loop on Shipman/Midtown, you'd hit some snow and mud.
The road is still closed, so you would need to park on hwy. 4 and ride in (no big deal).
But there is still a good bit of snow and mud up there. With the nice weather we have been getting lately there is a LOT of runoff. Probably lots of trees down too.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rustus said:
.........Probably lots of trees down too.
....and that is why I carry a saw in my pack and it is no bigger than a pump. Heck, more riders should carry saws; I had to clear logs on Windsor in late summer as the "locals" just made a path around them instead. One group I met at a log jam told me it was the forrest services job and that they had not gotten around to it yet. Whatever.....

Sounds like a few more weeks until the Jemez will be good. Just so you know, Cedro is perfect right now as it is still kinda fresh but it will get looser as the season progresses.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
XTRKona said:
....as the "locals" just made a path around them instead. One group I met at a log jam told me it was the forrest services job and that they had not gotten around to it yet. Whatever.....
Par for the course type attitude in general - not just Santa Fe. I prefer making a nice long hiking day with the dog to remove real trees (18" and bigger in dia.) with a mongo bow saw and do minor trails repair (I think between Timo, myself, my wife & dog we had R.E.M. spankin last summer!). But yeah, screw the locals! :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.