Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just bought a 07 Gary Fisher Cobia. I like it so far, only rode it once and I have been adjusting everything.

First time I owned an "air" shock that comes with the cobia, and it's not adjusted to my weight, it keeps on bottoming out. I want to adjust the air pressure but I don't have a shock pump. Was the bike suppose to come with a shock pump? Or for that matter was it suppose to come with an owners manual?

I was so looking forward to hitting the trails again I didn't ask these question when I bought it! Now the store is closed for 3 days because of the Canada day weekend!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
My bikes that had air shocks always came with a shock pump - but they were all Full suspension models. My Fisher came with a Wrench Force pump. Are any other shops open? Maybe you could find someone with a pump at the trail head? Good luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks K diddy,

So your fisher came with a shock pump, interesting. I wonder if mine was suppose to or not. I borrowed one from a friend to get my proper pressure but had to drive an hour to his house! Oh well...at least I am out on the trails again..:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
My Cobia did not come with a shock pump, but the LBS set it up for my weight during the fitting and personalizing session. I have looked around and the pumps are not that expensive. BTW from what I understand only new OEM units come with the pumps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i bough my Cobia 2 weeks ago and the sales guy included a shock pump. i wasnt sure if it was just thrown in for free since i knew one of the accounting dudes and he told they sales guy to include a pump..

so maybe it doesnt come with a pump?? as far as i know i bought a new Cobia off the rack at the local Trek store.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Who knows? I am going to ask my LBS when I am in there next time to see if I should have gotten a pump and I will report back.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, it was very helpful.

I called my store up and they said no, the cobia doesn't come with a shock pump. Having a slight suspicion that maybe my bike shop was trying to cut some corners and save money I emailed Gary Fisher through the website.

They responded right away, saying that the Cobia model does not include a shock pump. I guess you have a rather nice bike shop there BassFearMe.

Oh well, I'll go buy a shock pump, it's always good to have one around I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts