Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on going to Coachella this spring to catch Rage Against the Machine, but have to buy a 3 day pass anyway. Since I'm going to be in the area, I'm going to need to ride. Obviously.

Any good trails in the immediate Indio, CA area? Google Earth says they have plenty of elevation...also, any place to rent a bike out there or am I going to have to pony up for shipping? Thanks in advance.

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mtbbill said:
Palm Springs and The Goat Trails are not too far away. Well worth a pedal through.
How far away are we talkin'? I won't have a vehicle, but I'm willing to ride on the road any reasonable distance to get to some prime riding...Basically if I camp near Indio, what trails are nearby? Based on the terrain there should be some trails, I would hope. Are the Palm Springs/Goat Trails close enough for me to ride from Indio? Anybody feel like meeting me down there for some shredding? Honestly the riding is just as important as the shows, and I want to make sure I can ride when I get down there.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Your closest real trail is Boo Hoff in the La Quinta Cove and it is only about 3 miles away. Head west on 52nd Ave to Bermudas and go south (left). Bermudas ends at the top of the cove and you will see a small dirt lot and a trailhead. Follow the trail into the canyon and you will climb to about 1900 feet. The last few miles is steep singletrack switchbacks that are a challenge. If you clear all of them, you are da man. You will reach the apex of the trail on a ridge at about 1900 feet. You can go back the way you came (this is the best downhill route) or you can follow the trail all the way down to Lake Cahuilla and to the polo grounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.