Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dozer
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy to carry my trusty (and awesome) Lezyne pump in my pack for normal trail rides, but I am thinking of downsizing for race days.

I haven't been overly impressed by the C02 inflators I've used in the past -- All the air comes rushing out all at once once you pop in on the presta valve stem. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good one with perhaps a regulator or trigger to control the flow of air? Any particular brands/models I should definitely steer clear of?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The only ones I have any experience with are the ones from Genuine Innovations. They seem to work well enough and they have a model with a trigger. I have one in my pack occasionally.

·
Trail Tire TV on blogger
4,237 Posts
running tubeless? use the pump as the CO2 freezes the sealant and ends up screwing things

also I haven't found one I like... but I know there are others/better ones than all the one's I tried.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
I'm a fan of the Genuine Innovations Microflate Nano. Cheap, small, lightweight and has controllable airflow. Great for race use IMO, but I still carry a pump for regular trail rides. I have experience with 5 different inflators from GI and the Microflate Nano is by-far my favorite.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The GI nano is probably my favorite, but I use a pump unless I'm on a group ride. Cartridges are not worth the money unless you are in a time sensitive situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts