Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:rockon: They start filming in Jan. of 07. It will air in fall of 07. This guy has fought:cool: in the K1 & was ranked 6th in th' world :cool: in super hvywt at th' time. He can break :cool: 3 baseball bats taped together w/his shin. Awesome kickboxer & is working his grapplin' w/one of the :thumbsup: Gracie sons now. Shannon Williams is his name. He is 29 & has fought Muay Thai since he was:eek:ut: 9 yrs old. all over th' world. :skep: Who would've thought a maintenance worker where I work at would be a fighter of this caliber. Well, they have to live some where, why not here in :yesnod: good ol' western NC.:ciappa: :prft:

This is some info from his old schools pampflet:

Shannon’s Stats
In the super heavy weight division
Shannon Williams currently holds the following titles:
NC State Champion 2002 - present
SC State Champion 2002 - present
Fla. State Champion 2002 - present
East Coast Champion 2003 - present
Currently Ranked # 6 In The World 2004 K-1
By The United Muay Thai Association.

His record to date is :

Fights 31
Wins 30
Losses 0
Draws 1
KO’s 30

Attachments

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
That's nuts, makes you think twice about ever starting sh!t with someone you don't know anything about.

·
Hardtail Freak
196 Posts
Is he fast?

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brodie_rider said:
Is he fast?
Fast & accurate. He has lost about 20-30 lbs since that pic.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I thought that UFC was that thing Race Face sponsored?
Can this dude ride a bike?

Hes got nothing on Randy Macho Man Savage.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shabadu said:
I thought that UFC was that thing Race Face sponsored?
Can this dude ride a bike?

Hes got nothing on Randy Macho Man Savage.
Right, :thumbsup: this guy doesn't stick to :nono: choreographed fights like Macho Man & those guys do. He goes off on you:madman: "free style".:smilewinkgrin:

:confused: Don't know if he can ride a bike, but he can "gap yer head open" :eekster: w/his elbow.

·
Pro Crastinator
11,786 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
Right, :thumbsup: this guy doesn't stick to :nono: choreographed fights like Macho Man & those guys do. He goes off on you:madman: "free style".:smilewinkgrin:

:confused: Don't know if he can ride a bike, but he can "gap yer head open" :eekster: w/his elbow.
your overabundant useage of the smilies makes you seem like a 12 year old girl.....

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
.WestCoastHucker. said:
your overabundant useage of the smilies makes you seem like a 12 year old girl.....
:ciappa:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I know it.

I have a young PanAm and Olimpics caliber martial artist working with me at a Bike Shop in Alaska.

They have to live somewhere.

BTW, your buddy is a monster. Tell him I would NOT want to meet him in a dark alley, and I am 6'4, 235lb.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Know whats really :cool: cool....this guy has the opportunity & th' potential to win a million $$$ UFC contract to fight guys like Liddel, Silvia, Franklin, Hughes.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
Know whats really :cool: cool....this guy has the opportunity & th' potential to win a million $$$ UFC contract to fight guys like Liddel, Silvia, Franklin, Hughes.
The contract awarded to the winners of each show, is $120,000 over 3 years. If they happen to win every fight over that 3 year period, they can receive a maximum of $250,000 total.
It is a little deceiving when Dana says you win the "six figure contract".
Hardly a million dollars. The UFC pays their fighters chump change.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
zachdank said:
The contract awarded to the winners of each show, is $120,000 over 3 years. If they happen to win every fight over that 3 year period, they can receive a maximum of $250,000 total.
It is a little deceiving when Dana says you win the "six figure contract".
Hardly a million dollars. The UFC pays their fighters chump change.
As a fighter you know what your gettin' into up front. :) 6 figger's or not, at least you get paid when you perform. You can't :nono: just show up & collect th' geetus. I fought for 10 yrs in martial arts for trophys & 0, nada, zilch in money. I did have a blast :thumbsup: & learned a lot & taught a lot. Personally, I could live on 120K over 3 yrs. but thats just me. 120 K would buy a :ciappa: killer dbl wide trailer.:cool: NOMSANE !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts