Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone can offer trail ideas around Ashland, and or Bend I would appreciate it. Here's my idea of a perfect ride: 10 to 20 miles, nice mix of flow and tech. Out n back or loops, it's all good. I love challenging trails both up and down, but prefer the down so climbing forest rd or even pavement is fine as long as the DH is fun. Thanks for any ideas, and I'll be more than happy to point you towards any Colorado trails if you ever plan on visiting.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It really depends on how much vertical you want to do. From Ashland you can climb all the way up to MT Ashland on fire road with a little single track at the end. From there there are multiple choices for desending back to town almost entirely on single track. If you don't want to do that much Vertical then ride around the watershed. Finish your ride of with some super sweet single track on Horn gap, Mystical and hit road. That loop would put you at about 25 miles. It is also beautiful right now.

There are other options like Time Warp and others but those are the most rewarding in terms of climbing.;) FWIW, there are shuttles up to Mt A if you don't want to earn your turns.

I would also agree that a day or two in Oakridge is worth the drive. The Alpine trail will blow you away!

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Ochoco Mts, Lookout and Round Mountain are both good with long flowing downhills and can eaily be done in a loop riding up forest roads and single tracks. I mention these becuase they remind me of CO trails...

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm cool with vertical and earning turns, but don't mind a shuttle if it opens up more options. So Oakridge has the goods. Alpine trail? I'll check that out. Would you guys say Ashland has better riding than Bend for someone that prefers more technical riding? I've heard Bend is more xc style, but still want to ride there unless there are better places to visit. Do you like Oakridge better than Ashland riding?

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Oakridge for the win. Ride Alpine, Moon Point, Lawler, Hardesty, Larrison Rock, Alpine-Tire Mountain-Cloverpatch and you will go home smiling! Moon Point is my all time favorite trail.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, things to look into. Out of the trails listed here you like Moon Point the best. Is that because the terrain is more fun?

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,525 Posts
thorkild said:
Oakridge for the win. Ride Alpine, Moon Point, Lawler, Hardesty, Larrison Rock, Alpine-Tire Mountain-Cloverpatch and you will go home smiling! Moon Point is my all time favorite trail.
For anyone not familiar, all of these are within minutes of Oakridge.

OP, if you want a trail with multiple personalities, add Larison Creek (not to be confused with Larison Rock) into the mix.

Plus there are many more around Oakridge... the Waldo zone, Windy Lakes/Indigo/Sawtooth, Middle Fork, etc.

--Sparty

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What would you say would be the most technical DH out of all those trails around Oakridge? I'm riding a nomad built for whatever terrain I come across up or down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts