Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been out of DH since 09, had to live in TX for a while. I moved back to CO and things have changed so I'm looking for advice on where to get a pass.

At the time the landscape to me was something like this:

• Sol Vista was fun as hell and well supported with a cool vibe but small and short

• Winter Park was undergoing transformation, no longer just the Boulevard, they just put in a really nice "race course" - seemed to be making a push on DH

• Keystone seemed least "kept up" but had the best rocks and just felt the steepest and meanest

Curious how things look now. I could get 2 passes if needed. Should be fun getting back into it.

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
Keystone has updated some of the trails and put in a new version of Paid in Full. They are hoping to add some new ones this year.

WP added a lot of freeride jump type trails. WP comes with 3 free days to Angle Fire.

Sol Vista is no longer run by the Momentum Trails group and has focused more on selling condos to families on Walmart bikes. They've closed the bigger features. Still worth a day pass but not a season pass.

Angel Fire in NM has made the biggest improvements. Angel Fire Bike Park And an Angel Fire pass comes with 3 free days at WP.

I like the AF pass with a 5 pack to Keystone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy crap Ithnu you're still all over here? I'm impressed at your dedication. Still the same avatar...

Cool I think with that info I'll probably do Keystone and buy some days at or something. Angel Fire sounds great but as a weekend warrior, 5 hours is a bit much for a pass.

Shame about Sol Vista. They were the "stoke-ist" of the bunch back in the day. I never trusted that Granby organization.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hold on about Sol Vista/Granby. They did close their bigger features while they basically filled all the gaps. So now you can pretty much do all the jumps blind at Granby as they're mostly tables now. Including the two amigos. Less pucker factor fo sho. Still a great park IMO.

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
Holy crap Ithnu you're still all over here? I'm impressed at your dedication. Still the same avatar...
Some one has to be the yin to SkrdShtls's yang.

Which reincarnated Internet friend of mine are you Mr. April 2014 join date? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts