Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know who you are. Thinking it might be time to add a bit to our usual route. Perhaps skipping Manzanita and heading up to Sierra Morena>Steam Donkey>Cross-whatever, etc.

10:30 Again?

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
I'm out. I'll be doing the ROMP pumpkin ride. Have fun!! :thumbsup:

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
I can't make this either. I'm torn between the Pumpkin Ride, and the Coe Circus.

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the Pumpkin Ride was Sunday.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm down for Skegg's again. See you there if weather is proper. Haven't been paying attention to weather forcast for the week.

·
Rides advocacy Trailwork
116 Posts
Pumpkin Ride and BBQ
Saturday, October 24 2009
Rides start at 9:00, 9:30, and 10:30.
BBQ around 12ish
Pumpkin ROMP and Picnic! Meet at the Kings Mountain Community Center and Firehouse, 13889 Skyline Blvd Woodside, CA at 9:00 AM for a mountain bike and road ride through Purissima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve down to Arata's Pumpkin Patch near Highway 1. Pick your pumpkins and ride back up for a picnic / pot luck starting after noon at the Community Center.

Easier rides available for youth and the less mad will be available. We will be doing a really mellow ride around the fire station and neighborhood as well as a ride down Whittemore Gulch and back up.

Prizes awarded for best costume, best pumpkin, most pumpkins in weight hauled up, largest single pumpkin, and stuff like that. Or just come out for an afternoon of hanging out in the redwoods with some old friends, or ones you have not met yet.

Please RSVP so we can order the right amount of food from our caterer, Brickayard Jamaican BBQ.

Event Info - rsvp, paypal $10, - directions
http://www.romp.org/index.php?modul...lview=default&viewtype=details&eid=450&print=

Flyer
http://www.romp.org/docs/Pumpkin2009.pdf

Bring a desert!

·
Puro Vida!
1,303 Posts
Im down to ride again-1030 same place? Bap if you want to carpool again let me know...i can meet you at the same place-

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep.

·
Registered
15 Posts
in...
anyone coming from fremont?? and want to carpool? using your car.. I have a convertible.. doesn't hold 2 bikes.. =(

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another terrific ride today, guys. Thanks again!

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
I think you guys made the right choice. About halfway up the Jackson climb, WhiteLightning and I were wishing for the cool forest, and fun downhills of Skeggs. I've now done my once-a-decade Coe ride. Back to Skeggs and Demo for me.

·
Registered
546 Posts
medieval said:
I think you guys made the right choice. About halfway up the Jackson climb, WhiteLightning and I were wishing for the cool forest, and fun downhills of Skeggs. I've now done my once-a-decade Coe ride. Back to Skeggs and Demo for me.
Ouch! Don't be so hard on Coe, medieval. Let's not promise you won't ride Coe again until the next decade. It's one of my favorite day-ride location- one really gets the feel of being away from civilization there.

I have been meaning to do the Skeggs ride from CM08. Sorry for missing all the fun with you guys!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Christine, I thought you would be at Coe's today. I missed the pumpkin ride today, darn, maybe next year. Will try to be at Skeggs tmorrow for some left over.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts