Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Santa Cruz Tallboy 2 frame, I've replaced nearly everything minus the front fork and frame shock.

I need a new frame shock 6.5 x 1.5 and a new seat post. I'm looking at the fox dropper post based on past reviews and the fact that their printed material says there's no warranty weight limit.
Was thinking a fox ctd Evol shock to replace my non Evol ctd but if someone else has a better idea I'm all ears. I'm 318 and falling weight wise and I'm pretty rough on my gear as far as pretty much riding whatever I can.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm building a bike with the following components- @ 6'2 285 - 300 with gear riding west coast BC.
- I'm investigated various suspension option as well for Knolly Fugitive LT frame. I was just about to pull the trigger on a Z1 Bomber and have it tuned for me but I'm debating that option as the only thing about that fork is that stanchions are a bit thicker then the fox products, as well it will only handle 120 psi and you like i would require that psi setting close to max. If it fit the Grip 2 damper it would be sold. So I'm investigating a DVO boast or Onyx SC D1 and have it tuned. A third option is the Xfusion fork - great product but my way has little support for warranty.
- for shock a Super Deluxe / Super Deluxe Coil tuned for me -

I just ordered Chromag BA 30 rims - Sapin strong spokes, and DT swiss hubs vice any hub with pauls, DD tires
Saint brakes, Sram GX drive train, crank & BB.
this ride will set me back & 6-7 k
when all done, but i will be able to ride it and not worry about parts
regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.