Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys get your gear at? Mostly shorts & jerseys.. I wear XXL T-shirt and 36x34 jeans but in mtn bike land I’m a giant. I have fox and zoic from the past few years but ordering now there biggest sizes no longer fit. But the old stiff fits fine???. I should add I’m built like a middle linebacker rather than a big beer gut... thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a fairly cheap pair of padded liner/bib made by Ceroti off of amazon. They have sizes up to 4x which is awesome. So far they have been pretty nice, the padding is not as nice as my pair of zoic padded liners but good enough. The foam is less supportive but the fit of the actual material around the waist and legs are amazing compared to the zoic. I got the "Men's Pro Long Inseam Cycling Bib" (made by Ceroti) when you search. Its a full bib, but I'm thicc so I wear regular shorts over them and a regular shirt as well. But honestly the bib seems like a game changer for comfort.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Bibs and whatever shirt and shorts you want to wear over them. That's what works for me and what I've been doing for years. It would have to be revolutionary...like adding watts of power to my pedal strokes...before I'd drop the stupid amount of money mountain bike specific shorts cost. A lot of folks also turn to dirt bike stuff for shirts and jerseys as they are much cheaper and I believe the sizing tends to run a little more true. Seems like a lot of cycling clothes are a couple sizes smaller than what the tag says.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I get most of my kits from Jakroo since that's where our club gets their stuff from. It's expensive (more so than amazon stuff) but their stuff holds up crazily well. A few bibs I've bought off Amazon rip either from just thigh rub or from a crash, but Jakroo's GT Rally shorts have been crazily rugged especially with my big ass taking drops and busting my ass from time to time. Aerotech stuff also holds up well for me when I wore bibs a lot but once I found a pair of shorts that fit well and moved well with me I stuck with them. I do still rock some Amazon padded shorts though.

·
No talent hack
1,118 Posts
Finding stuff that fits and looks good can be a challenge. I tried Aerotech Designs about a year ago. I love their Sprint jerseys for road riding because they fit great and look like real riding gear. They have shorts and bids and other stuff I haven't tried yet.

Off road, I ride with Zoic or Pearl liners and riding shorts (Zoic, REI, and Specialized). I used to ride with gym type shorts over liners, but those got hung up on the saddle WAY too much, so now I like riding baggies because they fit better and don't get in the way.

·
CEO Product Failure
2,075 Posts
Twin Six has good bibs and jerseys in your size. And shorts

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Second on Twin6. They have the only set of (baggy?) shorts I've ever owned which lasts multile seasons. Great gear.

·
Registered
633 Posts
For bibs, try theblackbibs.com
They are an unbranded line from starlight custom apparel. Sizes go up to 4X and they are only $40 a pair. As far as outer garments go, any wicking shirt you like and the only shorts requirement I have is that they are cut close in the crotch (unlike basketball shorts for instance) and they have a positive method of holding them up (preferably belt loops. My current favorites are a couple year old pair of Columbia nylon hiking shorts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another vote for Aerotech. Jerseys are nice and roomy. Have several pairs of their liners, and a couple of bibs. I also really like their compression shirts for endurance rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.