Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike (jamis Komodo FX) was stolen a few days ago. i worked all summer to get it and i had it for 2 months , started loving it, moved it back out to school , and it was stolen from a friends house 3 hours later ... but anyway.

I loved the hussefelt componentry on the bike, but i have heard things about people cracking jamis frames. i wish to god it wasnt true, but im not sure..

i am going to be doing some urban/freeride/trail riding. im 6'8" and 260 lbs. right now. i was in shape before summer and only weighed about 230ish.

im looking for a hardtail for around 800-900 bucks that can do it all and be tough as nails. my main bikes so far are the Jamis Komodo (even with the frame problem i still loved mine) and the Kona Hoss (has a good frame but i wish it had hussefelt) . im so glad i found a clydesdale forum filled with guys like me. all the other boards ive been on have been a bunch of skinny dudes that dont know how hard it can be for us big folks to find a worthy trail rig. any input would be appreciated.

does anyone know an estimate of what it would cost to put hussefelt on a kona hoss ? it comes with like 5 D crank and stuff ... anyway , i talk to much . please let me know what you think . i want to get another bike ASAP , but i want to make sure i get one that will last through the beating i give it. i plan on falling a lot from pretty big drops.

·
Premium Member
7,610 Posts
You might check out the specialized P series of bikes. I think your biggest problem is going to be finding a frame large enough for you height.

·
featherweight clydesdale
1,385 Posts
Big Moosey said:
My bike (jamis Komodo FX) was stolen a few days ago. i worked all summer to get it and i had it for 2 months , started loving it, moved it back out to school , and it was stolen from a friends house 3 hours later ... but anyway.

I loved the hussefelt componentry on the bike, but i have heard things about people cracking jamis frames. i wish to god it wasnt true, but im not sure..

i am going to be doing some urban/freeride/trail riding. im 6'8" and 260 lbs. right now. i was in shape before summer and only weighed about 230ish.

im looking for a hardtail for around 800-900 bucks that can do it all and be tough as nails. my main bikes so far are the Jamis Komodo (even with the frame problem i still loved mine) and the Kona Hoss (has a good frame but i wish it had hussefelt) . im so glad i found a clydesdale forum filled with guys like me. all the other boards ive been on have been a bunch of skinny dudes that dont know how hard it can be for us big folks to find a worthy trail rig. any input would be appreciated.

does anyone know an estimate of what it would cost to put hussefelt on a kona hoss ? it comes with like 5 D crank and stuff ... anyway , i talk to much . please let me know what you think . i want to get another bike ASAP , but i want to make sure i get one that will last through the beating i give it. i plan on falling a lot from pretty big drops.
I'd go with the Hoss over the Jamis. Definately the largest size. You'll probably have to order it since most shops don't stock the XL sizes. Don't worry about the cranks. The frame and fork on the Hoss are more important.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i figured that would be the main thing was finding a good fork for the hoss. im sure the frame can take the abuse, then ill just change out the crank and stuff as i go on , i might even keep the same crank and just put a bash guard where the big ring was...

i tried on a P series and i could ride it urban , but for trails i would have a real problem because of my height.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.