Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hawkish on Choads
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 rush 600 w/ lefty speed bonded dlr2.
I was noticing the topping out/ sloppy feel problems which I diagnosed as needing a bearing reset. So I attempted to reset and grease the bearings as instructed on this forum and Cannondale site. It felt great for about thirty minutes then the original prob began to return and by the end of the ride it was worse than before I did the reset. I took it to the LBS. Fork tech said he took it apart and he didn't think a fork overhaul was in order so he reset and greased the bearings. Now it seems better than before but not as good as it used to be. It looks like there is some oil coming from the bottom of the boot (maybe form the greasing?) and it sounds and feels clunky throughout travel. Not the topping out feeling like before but clunky like a loose headset feeling. The head set doesn't seem to loose and I can't really afford to take it back to the LBS (times are tough all over, man). Any suggestions?

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,346 Posts
jhandy said:
Any suggestions?
Sorry, rebuild time.:cryin: :winker:

The oil coming out the bottom is the key. Since it's there, it's reducing the grease viscosity, and migration is happening very quickly. Fix it, or deal with it getting worse, till you find a way to fix it.

Or, put a rigid fork on :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts