Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a rockin' Trek Top Fuel 69er. The thing just rocks! I have a set of Mavic 819's w/ King hub's from my old bike that I would at lease like to use the hubs. As far as I can tell from their wesite, Mavic doesn't make a rim for a 29er unless you go w/ the C29 ssmax & I personally don't think the Mavic hubs are near as good as the Kings. Does anyone know of a lite/strong rim that comes in a 26' and 29' that I could use w/ my King's? I'm wanting to build the bike up lite, but still needs to be able to handle the rocks & roots of the Ozarks. Help please!!!!!

·
High Grade Skinjob.
104 Posts
i'm using a set of these TN719's and built my first pair of mtb wheels w/ paul hubs.

been very happy w/ em thus far.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
dirtdirt223 said:
dt swiss tk7.1d's. own two sets.
Second the notion...Killer rims. Anything with the DT name on it is good stuff.

I just built these smokers for a SS build...the X470s are a relatively newer hoop for them...more racy than touring...

:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check out DT Swiss i think they offer 2 types of wheels in a 29. LBS is lacing some DT Swiss x470 with Hope Pro 2 Hubs for me as we speak. I am hoping to pic em up by thursday.

·
Jam Econo
4,213 Posts
If you want matching 26" and 29" rims, Salsa has a few options in the Delgado family. I've used the Delgado Cross, and the Delgado Race with fairly good results. The Delgado Race doesn't take a lot of tension, or at least I couldn't get it much above 90 kgf.
I'm also interested in trying the Sun Equalizers. Some people hate Sun rims, but I've had good luck with all the ones with welded seams I've tried.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Nater said:
Bontrager Dusters are also available in 26 and 29 inches.
2nd that vote. Tough, reasonable cost, and super ez and cheap to convert to tubeless.

4 sets. No problems. Available through MikeSee, also, who builds a good wheel at a good price. I sent him a King rear hub, and got a Duster wheel back in a week.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I can't comment on the other rims, but I just got a set of I9's build with Stan's Arch.

...i'm not that impressed with the Arch quality...the weld looks sloppy, and the overall finish is not as good as the 26" mavic 819s that I bought a few years ago.

If I had to do it again, i would buy mavic or DT Swiss.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.