Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've come up with nothing, and was hoping for a new lead on a short sleeve cycling jersey.

My riding partner has narrow shoulders, small arms, and a very flat chest. She's 5'6" and about 115 pounds. A long distance runner build.

She's not a fan of hydration packs and doesn't want a pro/aero cut, yet prefers tight jersey pockets to keep her phone, food, snacks, extra bottle, etc from shifting & swaying. But the women's jerseys she's tried that are not a pro/aero cut all have a loose fitting hem and loose pockets.

Maybe we're searching for a unicorn. Is there a brand or model of jersey (can be full zip or partial zip) with minimal marketing/logos that we should research? A club fit with rear pockets that keep items tightly enclosed?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I'm not sure I'd like the material for MTB, and the cost, but cyclogyclothing.com (U.S. Site) may run a tad small.
My ex girlfriend would size up because of chest size. Maybe size down, or the normal size, would fit her.
They do have a few MTB jerseys too, but the fabric for their road lineup is amazing.
They run limited designs, perhaps you can fine a bargain price small jersey when they close out one of the designs. My ex is 5'4 / 110lbs. I believe she was wearing a medium because of the smaller jersey chest size. I have no idea how much truth is behind the 'need a bigger jersey because of....', but that's the story her and her friend used. I prefer a snug road jersey....these jerseys' were not quite as snug as my preference, however the material is soft and stretch, maybe it felt looser because it wasn't constricting.

Good luck!

·
since 4/10/2009
34,575 Posts
since bibs with pockets are a thing for mtb, maybe something like that would do what she wants and avoid the jersey fit issues? of course, assuming the bibs that offer these kinds of pockets fit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.