Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can't find one anywhere :mad: every place that i can find online is sold out of that particular size. i am wondering if any of you know of a place that i have not checked. i have looked at:

jensonusa
pricepoint
alfred e bike (were i first found it, now it is gone)
bikeman
ride-this
speedgoat
universal (was my second choice where i found it, now its gone today)

i finally have enough money for one, and nobody has one...am i S.O.L.?

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Why not get it from Cane Creek? If they won't let you buy direct, a shop doesn't have to have an open account with them if they use the shop business credit card. That's the way I bought mine. If a shop won't order you one, I'd be surprised.

Have you already been through this process, or is CC not making the shock anymore, or some other issue?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
TNC has a point

I know CC used to sell direct to consumer and even had a "trade in" program. If they still have the program and you have an old 7.5 x 2 shock hanging around, take advantage of it.

Bob

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it would be really disappointing if they were not still making that shock. i have not checked with canecreek directly yet. i was trying to get one through an online retailer as they had better prices then the msrp. i will contact cane creek directly or my LBS if i need to. i wasn't sure if there was a online shop i was missing.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Call_me_Clyde said:
I know CC used to sell direct to consumer and even had a "trade in" program. If they still have the program and you have an old 7.5 x 2 shock hanging around, take advantage of it.
yes i am aware of the trade in program... i will use it if i have to.. but i would like to hang onto my old shock as it is a coil. as i said, the online retailers i had been watching had much better prices for the shock then the msrp(a couple were even better then the trade in price). i was just wondering if there was anywhere i hadn't checked yet. thanks for your help anyway.. i guess maybe my original post was too vague.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
sly_foxx said:
it would be really disappointing if they were not still making that shock. i have not checked with canecreek directly yet. i was trying to get one through an online retailer as they had better prices then the msrp. i will contact cane creek directly or my LBS if i need to. i wasn't sure if there was a online shop i was missing.
Yeah, check with CC. Ask them who their biggest dealer is or who they think might stock the item you're looking for. Sometimes they'll do the calling around for you to locate the item. I've gone direct to manufacturers several times to hunt down an item and had good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.