Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Clark already posted a thread about the closure of Peter's shop, I just wanted to add my two cents and say hope to see you on Thursday, January 21st at 10:00AM. BTW, don't forget to come out to Black Diamond on January 23 for the official opening of the Summit Ridge Skills Park; you can park in he lot by Peter's shop or along hwy 169 between 288th and the entrance to the New Life Church; right across from the Coal Cart.

Dear friends, I’m writing in response to the closure of Black Diamond Bike and Back Country and the Clearance Sale starting at 10:00AM on Thursday, January 21, 2009; everything in the shop is for sale. You will find HUGE savings at this sale; there are new / used mountain bikes and a bunch of very nice road bikes, 29ers, hard tails and commuters. If you have been in Peter’s shop, you’ll know that he has some of the best clothes, accessories and parts. There is hidden message in this paragraph; let me explain.

I hope what I’m about to say is not taken in a negative way-by anyone. Tell your friends/neighbors a out the sale; I hope everyone we know will drop by Black Diamond Bike and Backcountry and share your well wishes with Peter, Janine and Greg. In addition, if there is any snowboard, ski or mountain bike related item you’ve been thinking about buying, please stop by Black Diamond Bike and Backcountry and to see if Peter has it in stock.

For those of “us” on a tight budget, the sale offers huge savings and the opportunity to help closeout the inventory. For those of you who are fortunate enough to be able afford full price, please offer to do so: please lend a hand / share if you can. Even if you’re not buying anything, please stop by and share your best wishes.

For me, the end of Black Diamond Bikes holds greater meaning than just loosing a bike shop; Peter’s spirit and love for the outdoors has become a part of what makes mountain biking such a wonderful experience; I’m going to miss Black Diamond Bikes in a big way. bobh

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have only been in there a handful of times; is that the shop by the pub in the new shopping area with the tight trail (next to barbed wire to get to the trails)? If so it is bad news. They were so nice to me the first time I was in there I would wait to buy stuff if I knew I would be riding out there in the near future. Sorry to hear that..........MTT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.