Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone gonna be hitting up Northstar for closing weekend. I'm hoping to leave Portland Thurs afternoon/eve and ride Fri-Sun and then come back Sun eve. I'm really hoping my buddy makes it, but I was curious if anyone else would be interested in going. Weather should be sunny Fri-Sun with tacky conditions from Wed-Thur rain. Sounds like a perfect way to end the lift accessed season. If anyone's interested in carpooling PM me or if you're just planning to be there hit me up as well. I've been to Whistler a bunch but haven't checked out N* yet. Would be great to catch a ride.

·
Lightly salted
1,388 Posts
For you N* regulars, how do you think this closing weekends conditions will be? Muddy mess or perfect tacky trails? I've only been once before in the middle of summer, not sure how this weeks rain/snow will affect the trails?

·
injured reserve list
619 Posts
Hero dirt on its way... for at least a couple of runs. Too much rain and they may shut it down from the erosion bullsh**.

·
Moose Member
2,195 Posts
supposed to warm up this weekend.... hopefully melt some of it.

Smurf wrecked his car today and cant go to northstar ssat, so i'll be flying solo for the 7th time this season. See you guys up there! (as long as its open)

·
Moose Member
2,195 Posts
man that sucks..sorry to hear.....hope he is ok....send him my best wishes
haha it rained here, so he was drifting in an empty parking lot. he started hydroplaning and ran sideways into a curb and f*cked his wheels up.. bent an axle at a 45 degree angle...

hes great, just moneyless with a broken car lol... and definitively not an idiot. hes actually quite a smart guy. hes such a great, smart guy, hes kinda like a god walking among us mere mortals. If one were to call him an idiot, it would be the deepest insult possible, because hes not an idiot. hes really great.

You stay classy Papasmurf.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
haha it rained here, so he was drifting in an empty parking lot. he started hydroplaning and ran sideways into a curb and f*cked his wheels up.. bent an axle at a 45 degree angle...

hes great, just moneyless with a broken car lol... and an idiot.
Gotta pay to play!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Same thing happened last year on closing weekend and they closed (rain not snow). Hoping to hit Friday and Sunday so i hope its hot up there tomorrow to melt that snow for the last ride.

·
Ancient Chinese Secret
1,038 Posts
Same thing happened last year on closing weekend and they closed (rain not snow). Hoping to hit Friday and Sunday so i hope its hot up there tomorrow to melt that snow for the last ride.
Agreed. Double-check Friday if they're open then. Might be disappointed if they decide to close this weekend if you're driving down from Portland. Otoh, there's plenty of riding at Tahoe.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts

hes great, just moneyless with a broken car lol....
I love sliding my car.....

·
Moose Member
2,195 Posts
I love sliding my car.....
i do too, when i comfortable with the setting. The parking lot smurf chose had just been re-sealed, so it was smooth as butter on top, add the rain (first time drifing in the rain) and tight curbs everywhere, and a Front wheel drive car, and 30mph and an e-brake, and something bad is bound to happen... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.