Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slow day at work here so I decided to add up all my times from the season and compare them to the times of the other top series leaders. This season, in the Kenda Cup West, I was locked in a really tight battle for Cat 1 Single speed. I know that SS racing leads to a bit tighter racing, because of gear selection and all, but the results are kinda crazy.

5 races, 4 Kenda Cups and 1 So. Cal series.
1st place overall total time 9:15.52
Me, 2nd, total time 9:15.58
3rd total time 10:07.10

Thats .01 percent time difference!:eekster:

Thats good racing!:thumbsup:

Maybe it's time to get some of those crazy weight weenie parts.

·
Registered
249 Posts
John,
I just need to get that .01 and I'll be bang'n bars with you! I think Elings is the best course for me so far! When's the next race we get to go "Head UP?" I'm doing the Canell Loop tomorrow I think 70 miles total and some 12k of climbing I think? Starting at the Brewery and finishing at the Brewery!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man, have fun. I wish I was going, its going to be a long day, but man is that beer going to taste good at the end!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Selection bias, umm its just the 5 races we've done together?

But you're right, what I was really trying to do was compare my racing to the TDF.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
249 Posts
There always has to be a BUZZ KILL! Can't you just appreciate that the races are close and fun and leave it at that? TDF and SoCal SS races, yah those 2 are exact comparisons?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CB2 said:
What was the time difference at each individual event?
Are they being decided by minutes or fractions of a second?
Little bit of both.

race 1- down 8 seconds, we came together in the final turn to the finishing line. I fell down and ran across the line.

race 2-down 3:39 I had a bad day.

race 3-down 54 seconds, I led 90% of the race and just got smoked on the last descent

race 4-up 4:09 my home track, and I really wanted it.

race 5-up 1:26 went out really fast and was getting caught near the end.

So some races were a bit lopsided but what was fun was that unlike years past where the race kinda settles into a time trial after the first 20-30 minutes, this year there was elbow rubbing right up to the end. It really forced me to up my game, for example, in race 3 we beat 3rd place by 10 minutes when usually he is right with us.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You guys killed me with that climbing at Sagebrush! But being the pain in the ass that I am, I was catching you at Elings! I had Todd until the last 15 minutes of the race! I'm catching you, slowly but surely!!!! ;)

·
rad to the power of sick
1,969 Posts
This is a close race.

Canmore Canada Cup.

1 Geoff Kabush (Team Maxxis-Rocky Mountain Bicycles) 1:41:55.8
2 Derek Zandstra (3 Rox Racing) 1:41:56.1

Lost/won in a sprint?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts