Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all the advice and posts gang. After reading all the direction and recommendations I just said screw it and went for it. Spent a night in the garage making the switch...then headed out and literally had a kick-ass time on the trails. There was much more "turning" instead of "pushing" the cranks, the control was so much better and the workout was much more intense.

Did I spill? Yeah I took a couple tumbles, simply because I didn't hit the ankle twist as fast as I should have. But the experience left it embedded in my mind so it became second nature.

Anyway, thanks for all the great replies. It was great for someone new to the boards to get genuine advice on a somewhat newbie question without getting lambashed.

Off to Holy Jim. We'll see what the Reign can handle this morning.

Paul in OC

·
Registered
151 Posts
It took me a while to really get it embedded in my mind that I had to unclip, and sometimes caught me off guard and ate it. But once I got used to it I could never go back. I started with shimano and then tried crankbrothers when I got my GT, now I LOVE CB and have them in both my bikes. I like them a lot more than SPD's.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Side note....

I never experienced any gain or felt the difference when switching from platforms to pedals....has this happen to others

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.